Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Have you actually used your gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/have-you-actually-used-your-gun-44622/)

Ambrola 07-02-2011 01:32 PM

Have you actually used your gun?
 
I read all the crap about self defence on the forums, but how many of us have had to pull their weapon and use it? Military excluded! I have been shot, hit me just right of my naval and passed through. It is alot different than talking about it.

Vincine 07-02-2011 01:48 PM

Can you guys do polls here? I didn't see it.

A) Havenít used a firearm for self-defense or protection.
B) Drawn it for self-defense/protection.
C) Fired it for SD/PP.

JonM 07-02-2011 02:00 PM

It doesnt matter if you are wearing a uniform doing le work defending the nation from obama backed terrorists or working as a private security guard its just as life changing an event as it is for a civilian. Trivializing it does great disservice to.those that risk their lives so you may wear civilian clothing in peace.

Ambrola 07-02-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 533154)
It doesnt matter if you are wearing a uniform doing le work defending the nation from obama backed terrorists or working as a private security guard its just as life changing an event as it is for a civilian. Trivializing it does great disservice to.those that risk their lives so you may wear civilian clothing in peace.

These people are trained to know what to do, as we are not. I thank GOD for those guys and hate to think what the world would be like if they weren't there. On the other hand, I said excluded for a reason.

Wambli 07-02-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrola (Post 533158)
These people are trained to know what to do, as we are not. I thank GOD for those guys and hate to think what the world would be like if they weren't there. On the other hand, I said excluded for a reason.

That is one big assumption that you are making that folks here have no training. It makes no sense to use "we" when one means "I" since you know nothng about and should make no statements as to the experience and capabilities of others.

Glad you survived getting shot but I fail to see what that has to do with discussions on SD. All that means is that someone put a bullet in you, no more, no less. It has NOTHING to do with training, mindset, experience or anything else. Plenty of unarmed folks get shot. Plenty of folks put away a lot of bad guys and never get ventilated for their efforts.

Getting shot is just that, getting shot.

Wambli 07-02-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 533147)
Can you guys do polls here? I didn't see it.

A) Havenít used a firearm for self-defense or protection.
B) Drawn it for self-defense/protection.
C) Fired it for SD/PP.

I doubt if you'll get any answers. The folks that haven't done it tend to ignore the questions and the folks that have usually do not want to talk about it...

Vincine 07-02-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wambli (Post 533265)
I doubt if you'll get any answers. The folks that haven't done it tend to ignore the questions and the folks that have usually do not want to talk about it...

Yeah, that's true. Good point. I though maybe anonymity might make a difference.

Jpyle 07-02-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrola (Post 533138)
I read all the crap about self defence on the forums, but how many of us have had to pull their weapon and use it? Military excluded! I have been shot, hit me just right of my naval and passed through. It is alot different than talking about it.

What's your point...that unless you have been shot you cannot speak about or read self defense "crap" posted on forums?

Dizzll 07-02-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 533154)
It doesnt matter if you are wearing a uniform doing le work defending the nation from obama backed terrorists or working as a private security guard its just as life changing an event as it is for a civilian. Trivializing it does great disservice to.those that risk their lives so you may wear civilian clothing in peace.

Thank You for this.

Ambrola 07-02-2011 08:08 PM

No need for all the hateful remarks. I just meant when you are faced with the situation, all you know and all you think goes out the window. I am able to talk about it because I did nothing wrong and wasn't in war. When we have to protect ourselves in the civilian population, there are no Doctors to help. Just you and your thoughts.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.