Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Is it hard to control the recoil of .45ACP with one hand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default alpha males.

Dont forget about us redneck/biker types ! He aint heavy ...He's my brother!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #22

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
Dont forget about us redneck/biker types ! He aint heavy ...He's my brother!
Covered!
redneckbiker.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Most modern handguns are easily managed shooting with one hand, and proper technique makes one handed shooting even easier. At close range, combat accurate hits are possible, even in rapid fire. More precise shooting is of course dependent on the shooter's skill.

The idea that guns recoil dramatically, flying through the air producing massive, uncontrollable movement is a fallacy perpetuated by Hollywood.

Below is a picture of S&W pro-shooter Julie Golob firing what is most likely an M&P 9mm. The gun is at full recoil, and you'll notice the muzzle is still nearly inline with the target. While she is most likely using target loads, I would argue that full power loads would not change this picture dramatically.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 01-28-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey,

I LIKE my Kimber in .45, my CZ-75B .40, CZ-2075 RAMI .40, CZ-82 9mm Mak, Bersa T-.380, Rossi .38 Spl, Remington .45, NAA Guardian .32, Detonics .45, and on and on.

ALL are just as easy (or hard) to shoot as I allow them to be based on my experience (lots) and my attitude (ALWAYS cool with a firearm).

It comes down to training, training, training and lots of rounds down the tube.

Enjoy!

USMC Retired

For what's more honourable than scarrs, on skin to tatters rent in warrs?
Samuel Butler, HUDIBRAS 1658

When he goughed out me eye, I saw he was no gent. So I ups and broke 'is arm.
15th Centuary wrestler

Why saber?? 'Cause you don't take heads with the point................

Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #25

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

The only polymer frame handgun I have shot is a Glock in .357 Sig. Easy to control and transition. My Wilson Commander .45acp was a beast untill I bought some Hogue Finger cut grips. The original Cocoa bolo really did not fit my hand well at all.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.