Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Is it hard to control the recoil of .45ACP with one hand? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/hard-control-recoil-45acp-one-hand-37391/)

James Park 01-25-2011 06:03 PM

Is it hard to control the recoil of .45ACP with one hand?

Is it hard to control the recoil of full sized .45ACP pistol(e.g. Glock21) with one hand for average male?

CA357 01-25-2011 06:14 PM

It will be different for everyone. It depends on hand and wrist strength, if you have a correct grip and the power of the round fired.

The G21 is a polymer pistol, so it will recoil more than an all steel pistol.

NGIB 01-25-2011 06:15 PM

The answer would be no. I find .40 S&W to be tougher to shoot one handed than .45 ACP - especially from polymer guns.

You do know that the only real .45s are 1911s right? :cool:

willfully armed 01-25-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Park (Post 429333)
Is it hard to control the recoil of full sized .45ACP pistol(e.g. Glock21) with one hand for average male?

its the same answer as the one you asked about the Glock 10mm.

SAME FRAME.

JonM 01-25-2011 07:24 PM

I have fired a few rental glocks in 9mm 10mm and 45acp. I've found it to be a rather poorly designed pistol in that muzzle flip is excessive controls are small poorly located and some aren't even there. There are problems with larger calibers than 9mm involving case blowouts.

Sig p220, 1911, cz97, hkusp all better 45 choices than a glock.

It is in my opinion out of the box one of the worst handguns on the market.

I'm sure others will have a different opinion

willfully armed 01-25-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 429397)
I have fired a few rental glocks in 9mm 10mm and 45acp.

So, youre telling us that you have no real experience with them?

Quote:

I've found it to be a rather poorly designed pistol in that muzzle flip is excessive controls are small poorly located and some aren't even there.

Yea, imagine my surprise when i realized there were no headlight or windshield wiper switches on that damn thing. and hes right, the radio controls are too small to play with. ARGH! Wheres the Fu#$%ng ashtray?!?!?!

Quote:

There are problems with larger calibers than 9mm involving case blowouts.

On older G22's, and most typically with reloaded ammo(user error), no current production models has issues. THis is a poor statement

If your gonna try and sell the haterade, have some founded facts.

Quote:

It is in my opinion out of the box one of the worst handguns on the market.

And thats why they have so many sold in the US

dunerunner 01-25-2011 08:08 PM

Can't tell you about the Glock, but I have no problem with my Colt. No issue with a .40 XD.

It should not be an issue!

rjd3282 01-25-2011 08:17 PM

I guess if you are going to go by how many are sold then the vw beetle is the worlds finest car and lee makes the finest reloading presses. :rolleyes: They are cheap that's why so many are sold. And they are ugly too. Why would someone buy a light weight plastic gun if they are worried about recoil. If you like to practice and you reload you can shoot cast bullets for alot less ..........oh wait you can't do that in a glock. I'll say one thing for glock they have a hell of an advertisment department.

NGIB 01-25-2011 08:19 PM

Jeebus, let's keep the fanboy crap out of threads - on both sides - OK?

willfully armed 01-25-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 429455)
If you like to practice and you reload you can shoot cast bullets for alot less ..........oh wait you can't do that in a glock.

i see it done every day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 429459)
Jeebus, let's keep the fanboy crap out of threads - on both sides - OK?

Id have corrected his misinformation regardless of the make mentioned.