Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hanging in on the Jersey Shore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Bloomberg is the mayor of NYC I live on the Jersey Shore. And the national guar is a strong presence here.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gas lines have really eased by us here. But it is getting cold!!! And although our home is intact (thank god) and we did get out power back my flipping boiler won't light. So I am left heating the house with those sealed oil radiators.
I've been trying to get a contractor to come
Out and quote me to replace it.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 11-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Something caught my ire.

It's been 12 days since Sandy hit our shores. I have seen so many trucks from around the country (Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio, etc.) working here in NJ, and GOD BLESS THEM ALL!!!

But what I have not seen are any trucks or crews of any type from ANY foreign country coming to OUR aid? When disaster strikes around the world, America sends humanitarian aid of some kind, but I see NO ASSISTANCE from a single foreign ally or the like here on the Jersey Shore.

Explain this to me; is it that they think we can handle it on our own? Or, are WE so full of ourselves that the help was offered and yet we refused it?

Frankly I'm appalled by this and I'm surprised that no one on any social media websites, or any mass media outlet has mentioned this. Earthquake, tsunami, foreign govt being overthrown...whatever it is, America is there for THEM. Yet when WE need the help, true we band together to help our "own" but do we HAVE to fend for ourselves??? I have friends STILL have no power after an 11 day loss. Scratch that, there are people without homes at all, lost to this storm. The NJ shore has been declared a disaster area; Hello Canada, Mexico, GB, Japan, Israel, Egypt....those hands are always out to receive aid and support from us...well we NEED those hands here right now!!!!

Nothing makes sense in all of this mess I know, but I am simply in awe at how we as Americans have come together for EVERYONE, yet has no one come together for US? I am not referring to foreign marathon runners, who, due to the cancellation of the NYC Marathon had nothing to do, and out of their altruistic and empathetic human nature, took it upon themselves to get out there and help to distribute food and help any other way they can, that's is awesome.

I am talking about a foreign government that steps up and says: "You, America were there for those when they were in need, here we are, for you, what can we do?!?"

If I am wrong please correct, me. But I am here in this mess, and I see no one with a foreign acronym on the back of their jacket...

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #24

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

It was on the internet that the NJ crews cussed the Alabama crews to "go the f home scabs". what's up with that ? Hannity also played the audio tape of it on radio. The NJ crews were pretty nasty to some people that drove hundreds of miles to help.

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
It was on the internet that the NJ crews cussed the Alabama crews to "go the f home scabs". what's up with that ? Hannity also played the audio tape of it on radio. The NJ crews were pretty nasty to some people that drove hundreds of miles to help.
Asshats.

I spent about 3 hours a few days ago with a crate of bottled water and hand warmers driving around and stopping at crews parked, working or awaiting dispatch and offered them what I had. Believe me they were thankful.

I was on line at a McDonalds buying some hot chocolate for the guy that pumps gas and myself and bumped into a member of one of these crews. I said: "excuse me" and he responded not with a "sure" or a "no problem" but with "your welcome". To me that said that he was so used to people being kind and thanking him for being there that his instant response to my saying anything to him was to say "your welcome". I am so overwhelmed to see how this country comes together to help one another.

there will always be those asshats in this world, and believe my NJ is no exception to THAT rule, but overall? Not the case whatsoever.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP