Hanging in on the Jersey Shore - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hanging in on the Jersey Shore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Thanks for the updates drvsafe. Sorry to hear about the cracking under pressure, but glad to know your spirits are up again and you are able to get out. Sometimes it takes a good storm to open peoples eyes. Be safe.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #12

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Yeah...stay safe drvsafe! in another week or so the worst will be behind you. Hang tough!

.....can't they just bring gasoline tanker trucks in equipped with pumps and a bunch of gas cans?....seems simple.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Oh 100%. One can consider this a "live fire" dry run for all the preppers in the area. It's an eye opener to say the least. And I thank my freakin lucky stars that I still have a home to heat.

I took some time out today after my gas run to stop by the crews working in my area to clear debris and restore power and offered some bottled water, it was appreciated to say the least. I just wish I could sway them to do the work on MY grid, but alas...

There are crews all over my area so it may be a matter of hours or a matter of days, its auite a spread and though the high side of that seems like years in the age we live in, it is the reality. Our mayor lives in my area so maybe we will get some priority though I Doubt it.

I am just amazed by what we have grown accustomed to as far as necessities and how they really are just creature comforts.

Plus in spite of the harshness of what we are dealing with as a family unit and a town, it pales in comparison to those a bit north and a bit south of us. And though I stood in line today for gas (its an even day and both my license plates are odd so I can only fill gas cans by walking in rather than driving) the overall spirit of the people on line with me was great. Every race, age, creed, religion and social stature was represented in this line to buy the most base necessity and we all joked and laughed and were concerned about the same things. It made me sure that even though I don't have enough gas cans, or batteries or extension cords or CASH in my pocket or food, no matter what, I know that WE would weather this.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
People Like This 
Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5694 Times on 3218 Posts
Likes Given: 5086

drvsafe, after reading your posts, I have no doubt you're strong enough to come through this just fine.

Helping your neighbors is the best way in the world to boost your own morale.

Keep posting, and maybe, just maybe, you'll inspire someone else on the forum to prepare for emergencies like you did with the generator and extra fuel.

Winston Churchill

Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well someone upstairs decided to shine a little utility powered light upon us. We just got the power back on my block. YES.

While this is by no means over, it's given us a bit of breathing room and personally it has freed up this week for me. now that I no longer need to feed my generator I can donate some of my time and help out a bit around town.

I know how fortunate we were and if I can help I have every intention of doing so.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

orangello Likes This 
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #16

worship.gif  

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #17
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1920 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Yup. I cracked under the pressure a bit yesterday. But it's a beautiful day here today. We are going to get outside and clean up a bit. I think that will help everyone's spirits.
You cracked a bit, but you're still there. So, you're human. Your family knows that and they love you for it. Keep goin'!

And very well done on the community assistance. Your morale and theirs goes up when you do that!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Took a ride out to volunteer and all hands were on deck there, in spite of my able hands and a full tank of gas I was thanked but told they were all good.

5 miles north of me people still have no power and some areas there natural gas service has been turned off as well. With the temps headed into the upper 20's in the evenings of this week and another nor'easter headed our way, my heart is going out to all of them up there.

On another note, the national guard, local PDs, workers in all of the stores that are open have been great, friendly and positive by bringing some normalcy to all of us throughout this ordeal...

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
On another note, the national guard, ...
I thought Bloomberg wasn't going to send the Guard, because they are armed and didn't want things to appear as a police state.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #20

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Today 11/05/2012 any donation you make to the red cross will be matched by corporate donors. See my thread in the clubhouse titled "day of giving" Anything you give will help someone, even $5! www.redcross.org/abc

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/