Handuns registered?? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Handuns registered??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
So the fact that the dispatcher said a certain person has a certain gun "registered" to them really means nothing? It's possibly just dispatcher speak meaning the caller told them the person had a gun?

That's a logical explanation.

Ive heard a few 911 and dispatch calls, sounds about normal.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #32

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Maybe so. But whenever they say the caller told them something they say "RP states that blah blah blah". I could tell cops my neighbor has a SCUD but they would not say that so and so has a SCUD registered if Joe Blow just tells them that.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #33

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
Maybe so. But whenever they say the caller told them something they say "RP states that blah blah blah". I could tell cops my neighbor has a SCUD but they would not say that so and so has a SCUD registered if Joe Blow just tells them that.
#1. Were you there?

#2. How many hours of 911 calls and dispatch have you listened to?

In general, the public is stupid. Unfortunately, some of our law enforcement aren't mental giants eithern

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #34

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

#1. Were you there?

#2. How many hours of 911 calls and dispatch have you listened to?

In general, the public is stupid. Unfortunately, some of our law enforcement aren't mental giants eithern
No I wasn't on location with the police. I have not listened to many 911 calls. I have listened to quite a bit of scanner while hanging out in the evening. Perhaps I am mentally incompetent and am just trying to raise trouble. Or, there is an off chance I am a guy who is curious and has a question no one can really answer.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

Someone who knows the selfish bastard(suicidal person) had to have called 911. That person likely told dispatch the the person had a Gun
Likely this is what happened the dispatcher would have likely asked if it was a registered firearm so the officers would have an idea of the type of situation they'd be walking into. Also if the person is reported as suicidal they need to know there's a firearm to collect when they respond to the call

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Supposedly the Feds are restricted from maintaining a registry of firearms owned by the same law that gave us background checks. When a FFL goes out of business the records they have are turned over to the Feds.
Recently, talking with a dealer ,he stated that there is a push by the Feds to have all gun purchases "on line" right along with the background checks. Watching how well our government is a nation that follows "the rule of law" is anyone going to be surprised?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #37

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
No I wasn't on location with the police. I have not listened to many 911 calls. I have listened to quite a bit of scanner while hanging out in the evening. Perhaps I am mentally incompetent and am just trying to raise trouble. Or, there is an off chance I am a guy who is curious and has a question no one can really answer.
I am a little surprised by a few people not following the issue here but not by some of the injected excuses and intentional confusion. Without registered guns the police simply should not be able to see a gun "registered" to anyone unless someone in the chain of information has either broken a confidence or a law.

The nonsensical stuff is Left-wing subjugation-thought-transfer. Hey gunowner, all's well -- these are not the droids you are looking for. Move along. Move along.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-01-2013 at 02:23 AM.
blucoondawg Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #38

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Around here you can contact the local Sheriff and register your guns. From there, any name search, driver's license query, or license plate with your info attached will highlight a tab on the officers' and dispatchers' computers. But like I said, you can (not must) register your firearms, and it is very few and far between that are registered in this fashion. Here, when dispatchers advise on firearms, it is almost always third party information; "Johnny is known to carry a gun/knife/pointy rock" or "Johnny owns firearms, unsure if he is armed at this time."

Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #39

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard View Post
Quote:
Around here you can contact the local Sheriff and register your guns.
From there, any name search, driver's license query, or license plate with your info attached will highlight a tab on the officers' and dispatchers' computers. But like I said, you can (not must) register your firearms, and it is very few and far between that are registered in this fashion. Here, when dispatchers advise on firearms, it is almost always third party information; "Johnny is known to carry a gun/knife/pointy rock" or "Johnny owns firearms, unsure if he is armed at this time."
And the sheep run to the wolves

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

JimRau Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #40

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

In my state you can report longarm transfers at the capital.