Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Handuns registered??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Lol. The police have more access to info than you think.
The state of Massachusetts has a comprehensive record of every gun you buy from an ffl as well a a copy of your fingerprint for each and every gun.
Yes there is a registry.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

This is one of those state by state things. Here in Ohio you don't have to register a firearm unless purchased

Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

by a licensed dealer. Private sales are a different story. Correct me if Im wrong though. Im not sure about your state though.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr33FiftyS3v3n
by a licensed dealer. Private sales are a different story. Correct me if Im wrong though. Im not sure about your state though.
Ya here private sales are open season. Have a couple that didn't go through an FFL and they are legit

Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #15

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Omg.

Registration, databases, federal permits, cops, guns ..............

PARANOIA.

Unless your state sucks and requires an ACTUAL registration of firearms, your guns are NOT registered. The only fed registration is the NFA registration.

When you purchase from a dealer, the make, model and serial are recorded on the 4473 form. It is not included on the NICS Phone call.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
Omg.

Registration, databases, federal permits, cops, guns ..............

PARANOIA.

Unless your state sucks and requires an ACTUAL registration of firearms, your guns are NOT registered. The only fed registration is the NFA registration.

When you purchase from a dealer, the make, model and serial are recorded on the 4473 form. It is not included on the NICS Phone call.
I know that. So why, then, would a dispatcher say they person owns a glock 9mm?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #17

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I would like to know the answer to this question as well, I have argued with a friend who says there is no way the gov't knows what you have, they can only track a gun if it is found say during an investigation or someone dumps it in the river and they can call the manufacturer with the serial# then the manufacturer can lead them to the distributor who took order of the gun who can then direct the authorities to the store which sold the gun to the final customer, that store can then get out their records and look to see who indeed purchased the gun. He says there is no possible way they can punch in your name and have access to a list of all the firearms you have purchased. I'd like to believe him but I don't trust the gov't that far in these anti gun days.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #18

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I'd like to know the answer as well...

One way could be if an investigation resulted in this info at the state or local PD level and/or if a dealer turned his records over to them. I know of nothing precluding them from doing this, only not being able to be compelled to (before they go out of business). Southern gundealers turn their books over to Mayor Mike Bloomberg all the time when he sues them...

Willfully? Are you suggesting the OP is untrue!?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #19

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I imply nothing. Just a blanket statement for those who suggest anything to the contrary

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
I imply nothing. Just a blanket statement for those who suggest anything to the contrary
Well jump on my crazy train for a second and assume I am telling the truth. Any ideas? Not just one address, but two with guns "registered" to them. Any LEOs out there with thoughts.