Handgun for wolves. - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Handgun for wolves.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Or your 300 lb granny huh? She is the most dangerous game in your neck of the woods. Now I can see why Andy of Mayberry got onto tv.
You are a real piece of work. You sound like a third grader talking about peoples family. Grow up.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #122

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Can we get an axe C3?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #123

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Oh wow is that guy serious... with a stick??! **** that

Wyoming is what America was

Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #124

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Shoobee if you are so against Marines then why in the sam hell is your avatar the Marines highest honor?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #125

Liked 355 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Fatal wolf attack unnerves Alaska village - US news - Life - msnbc.com

It's rather interesting that the wolves that killed the lady jogger in Alaska did not finish her off, by eating her. They only mauled her to death.

They must have thought she was intruding into their territory, and this was therefore a territorial conflict.

The lion in California who killed the lady jogger here was in the process of eating her, starting with her soft tissues (intestines) first. Then it hid her, like it would a deer carcass, covering her with debris.

The article is fairly balanced. The woman in Alaska sounded new to the area and inexperienced. And wolves rarely attack or kill humans.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #126

Liked 355 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Shoobee if you are so against Marines then why in the sam hell is your avatar the Marines highest honor?
I never said I was against the Marine Corps, or the Army, or the Navy, or anybody else.

They each need guys who are willing to shoot and kill anything that moves though. You can help them out, if that's your thing. Right now there is a war in Afghanistan. You can help out, if you're up for it.

I say, leave the animals alone, unless you are planning to eat one of them, or if they are eating your sheep. And even with sheep, you are going to be better off with trapping than with shooting.

Conflicts and encounters with dangerous wild animals in the woodlands are mostly all about misunderstandings between the two species, us and them.

I would not consider a wolf nor a black bear dangerous. Both of these species normally back down against a human male opponent. These are very smart animals. Almost human. They can read your body language, and your face, just like a poker player can.

Lions and grizzlies are dangerous however, although I would never shoot one on sight. Only a r-e-d-n-e-c-k would think of doing so.

The biggest documented actual problem that we face in our societies is foolish women who go jogging alone. This is getting the lions and wolves in trouble. And that's not even the lions' and wolves' fault.

And the sword, no big deal, to me. I wore that sword several times, during my tour, for 6 years. On my left side. The .45 ACP I wore on the other side, when I wore that, which was more often than the sword.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-23-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #127

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

I never said I was against the Marine Corps, or the Army, or the Navy, or anybody else.

They each need guys who are willing to shoot and kill anthing that moves though. You can help them out, if that's you. Right now there is a war in Afghanistan. You can help out, if you're up for it.

I say, leave the animals alone, unless you are planning to eat one of them, or if they are eating your sheep. And even with sheep, you are going to be better off with trapping than with shooting.
Dude iv been to iraq in the Marines. Trip BLED in afghanistan for the Marines.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #128

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Shooting a wolf eating my sheep = good
Shooting a wolf trying to eat me...bad?
Does the sheep have a greater right to live than I? The one responsible for the entire flock?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 AM   #129

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Just can't leave well enough alone can we....tsk tsk. I've put my .02 boys. Have a good night and play nice.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #130

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
Just can't leave well enough alone can we....tsk tsk. I've put my .02 boys. Have a good night and play nice.
Really can't, that just made so little sense, I had to have clarification.

Closed Thread