Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Handgun pic's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrause2010 View Post
Right now some of us aren't sure that you own a slingshot, let alone a "pot load of guns". Cough up some pics of your hoard, (with your user name on a piece of paper in the photo), and put this to rest. You obviously have enough time on your hands.
Come on we're not trying to bash Morgo, we're just trying to find some truth in the fact that Australia has some very stiff gun laws, I don't know so clue us in please. But from the things I've read it's pretty hard to own handguns without some real good reasons. The closest info that covers some of my questions is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-politics-in-Australia but since Morgo owns so many guns please tell us how you can do so when we have heard that so many were confisctated. Sorry it seems like when you click on the above address it won't get you to the site I found but as I've asked, please show us how you can own so many guns when from my searches they don't say much other than you have to show strong reasons for owning handguns. Unless you may be a policeman and are allowed to own as much as you do. We don't begrudge you owning any and all the weapons you desire to own, it's just that we've heard that it's next to impossible to own them in Australia.

Last edited by Viking; 03-02-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #172
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Come on we're not trying to bash Morgo, we're just trying to find some truth in the fact that Australia has some very stiff gun laws, I don't know so clue us in please. But from the things I've read it's pretty hard to own handguns without some real good reasons. The closest info that covers some of my questions is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-politics-in-Australia but since Morgo owns so many guns please tell us how you can do so when we have heard that so many were confisctated. Sorry it seems like when you click on the above address it won't get you to the site I found but as I've asked, please show us how you can own so many guns when from my searches they don't say much other than you have to show strong reasons for owning handguns. Unless you may be a policeman and are allowed to own as much as you do. We don't begrudge you owning any and all the weapons you desire to own, it's just that we've heard that it's next to impossible to own them in Australia.
No doubt what you hear is from the NRA as far as Australia banning firearms. Well just like the antis the NRA uses scare tactics to manipulate the facts.

Basically for longarms, other than self loading, you need only join the SSAA (similar to the NRA) or get a letter from a large property owner giving you a place to shoot. Thats you genuine reason for owning longarms.

For handguns you need to be a member of a pistol club for your genuine reason and shoot atleast 6 times a year.
All firearms must be kept in safes at home or else where if YOU choose.

You can try here for more info

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/services/firearms
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/133134/genuine_reasons_table.pdf

Not that this is directed at you but to be honest it gets a little tiring putting up with the same crap from clueless internet commandos time and time again.