Handgun for my wife, but which one? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Handgun for my wife, but which one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The best thing to do is let her try some out the smaller the gun the more awkward it Is to shoot from girls I've let shoot they do start wanting the smaller ones but then end up shooting the full-sized alot more

Old 09-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just like the cars we each choose to drive, my wife has her own sense of style and taste for things that I've never been able to figure out, even after almost 20 years of being married to her. When she decided she wanted to get her Concealed Carry Permit she wanted me to help her pick a pistol for her to carry, I knew I was in trouble. I showed her all mine and let her shoot them, but they were either too heavy, kicked too much or didn't fit her hand right. So then, we did the Gun Store tour around town so she could handle some others and find something that better suited her liking.

What she got initially was a pink camo'd. Walther P22. It's cute, light and fun to shoot, but not good enough for daily carry and personal protection. Next, she got the .380 Ruger LCP, which is light enough for daily carry and has enough punch to get the job done for personal protection. However, she wasn't really crazy about the snappy recoil and while it works for protection as a daily carry weapon, it's not a range gun that is fun to shoot. Her next, and most favorite pistol, is the 9mm Glock 19, Gen. 3. It's light, accurate and really fun to shoot. She's never used it as a concealed carry weapon, but she really likes to take it to the range and blast holes in the targets.

I hope you can guide your wife to something she will like, but the best advice is to let her pick the one she likes.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #33

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

So far just from photos ive shown her she likes the Ruger SR9c and the Kahr K9.. I plan on taking her to a gun shop thts about 45 minutes away " i had forgot about it " til now. They sell alot of handgun makes. I will let her handle alot of them and let her make her choice...everyones post on this thread is VERY well appreciated

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1260 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

My wife carries a charter arms patriot & is pretty damn good with it.

When all else fails.