Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hand gun repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hand gun repair

Hey fellas and ladies, I have a Keltac 380 with a broken hammer spring. Just wondering if it's better to attempt to replace it myself, (watched a youtube how to), or sending it to Keltec? Cost, time, and trouble? Lost the owner's manual and receipt. Thank you for any input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Hey fellas and ladies, I have a Keltac 380 with a broken hammer spring. Just wondering if it's better to attempt to replace it myself, (watched a youtube how to), or sending it to Keltec? Cost, time, and trouble? Lost the owner's manual and receipt. Thank you for any input.
If you are proficient then by all means do it yourself.
But if you are not then by all means send it to Keltec
or any other gunsmith for repair. Me? I'd do the latter.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #3

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

I would say to try it yourself. I don't see how you can hurt anything with this simple project. And if you try and can not do it, you are out nothing but time as you need to buy the part anyway. Every gunsmith has received basket cases(guns already apart) its no big deal if you bring the gun in all apart. Just don't lose any pieces. Good luck!

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.