hand gun passed down, new hampshire - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hand gun passed down, new hampshire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
In most states you have to be 21 to legally own or or have in your posession a pistol. I would tuck them away until you turn 21. As for carry that would be a poor choice unless you have a permit/license to do so and expect you will have to be 21 before you can get the permit/license.

My advice is to put your Grandfarters guns away until you hit the legal age of ownership.
He can legally own them in NH. Here are the related statutes:

Section 159:12 Sale to Minors.

CHAPTER 159 PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS

OP- I would still highly recommend speaking to your local Police Chief as everyone has mentioned, but NH allows hunting with several calibers of pistol and as such 16yrs is the minimum age to openly carry any of those pistols (there is a 5 round max limit though and accompanied by an adult until the age of 18) There is a bit of a gray area in the statutes where age and ownership of handguns is concerned. This leaves room for your local municipality to translate it how they see it, for better or worse. Talk to the Chief.

Last edited by Slawth; 02-20-2009 at 01:40 PM.