Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which hand do you shoot with

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 479 Times on 294 Posts

The hardest thing about being left handed is finding, a holster.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 09-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2811 Posts
Likes Given: 6038

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
I have never had hot brass go down my shirt from an m16/m4 or an 249 s.a.w . So I don't know what you are talking about.
Glad to hear that SSG, Im pretty sure Ive still got a sear mark or two on my chest from the 16s. Never shot the M4, retired before that was common. I never carried a Saw as a Plt Sgt either and at the time I was glad. It was the biggest piece of jamming crap ever when we got the first issue in the "10th Mt" although I heard they finally worked out all the kinks and its now a great piece.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #23

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I'm a lefty and carry that way but I do practice with my weak hand. I'm actually a better shot with my right, I guess it's due to the lack of bad habits.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

Glad to hear that SSG, Im pretty sure Ive still got a sear mark or two on my chest from the 16s. Never shot the M4, retired before that was common. I never carried a Saw as a Plt Sgt either and at the time I was glad. It was the biggest piece of jamming crap ever when we got the first issue in the "10th Mt" although I heard they finally worked out all the kinks and its now a great piece.
Well I guess when your in the National Guard and you only train once a month and two weeks a year you can't expect a whole hell of allot from you guys. In between the beer drinking and the BBQ.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 09-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry Gearhead, I dont mean to take your thread on a tangent but it would be wrong of me not to respond considering the crappy assertions Mr SF made above, please pardon my rudeness.

----With all due respect Sir SSGSF, obviously you have no F'n Idea WTF your Talking about and I dont appreciate your total lack of respect for the Soldiers that die right beside you on the battlefield with our regular army comrades. Like it or not, we are 1/3 rd of Americas Fighting Force! I will not disrespect The RA like you have done to the Reserve and Guard Soldiers, your words certainly reflect your subscript "I'm a A**hole", in English, we say "I'm an A**hole".

First off SSG, I was regular and then I was National Guard, likely before you were out of diapers.

Second, My Unit has been in both Iraq and Afghanistan on multiple deployments and the only reason I wasn't there is I hit 21 years and figured out it was time to spend some time with my family so I retired.

Third, you've been reading too many comic books, The US Army National Guard trains to RA standards not Barney Google FM's. Me and my fellow Light Infantry comrades attended Army Light Fighter and Light Leader Courses with the RA!

Fourth, one weekend a month and two weeks a year? What rock have you been hiding under, as a PSG, I had at least 100 hours of unpaid Platoon Logistics, Training Management and Maintenance between each Drill and we trained hand in hand with the 10Th Mountain? Have you ever trained or fought with the 27th Infantry Brigade? Do you have a clue how hard we train and fight, just say no cause that is obvious!

Fifth, the National Guard is older than the nation itself, with over three and a half centuries of service to the Nation, The State and our Communities. Even older than Rogers Rangers, the authors of the past and current field doctrine for Rangers!

I am an NCO you arrogant piece of horse hockey! Our NCO's, Officers and Soldiers were and are prepared and ready to kick butt daily and they have done so with lots of notches on their stock to prove it. They also bleed and die for their country just like the RA's do.

You have greatly disrespected a significant population of Brave Fighting Men and Women of our armed forces and you should be ashamed of yourself. No Non Commissioned Officer worth their rocker would say such a completely and utterly absurd statement as you!

I'm done with You Sir, Dismissed!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 09-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #26

Liked 1122 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 276

When punching paper for fun I shoot two handed. Serious practice is with two, left and right. I have a bit of an odd situation in that I am right handed but left eye dominant, so when shooting left handed I have a better sight picture, but a weaker hand. Shooting right handed I kind of lean my head to the right. When voting I lean to the left.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #27
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Now to take the thread back to Gearheads topic and out of the S4it slinging fest--

For those of you Lefties that have caught hot brass in your shirt, there are a number of excellent products available, Bushmaster carries one as described below for $22.95. I would love to say it was custom designed for me (The weekend Warrior) but the army has provided them for 30 years! Worth the investment if your not SF or just would rather not hit the guy beside you with hot casings.

Competition Shell Deflectors, http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=9
These shell case deflectors snap onto AR15 models to keep hot brass under control and away from other competitors on the firing line. Left handers who've experienced "hot brass in the face" will appreciate them. For the convenience of reloaders, they will drop all the cases in the same place at your feet, and are allowed under NRA High Power Competition Rules.

Peace Out..

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 09-20-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #28

Location: First 42 years in Maine Past 19 years in Alaska now back in Maine
Liked 49 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Right handed but for some reason i shoot better with my weak hand (left).

Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #29

Liked 85 Times on 65 Posts

the 1 with the hair in the middle of the palm