Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Hammer vs Striker (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/hammer-vs-striker-92421/)

AR10 06-17-2013 09:08 AM

Hammer vs Striker

Anyone like me, really prefer a hammer gun over a striker fired gun?

After twenty years of having a Glock 20 as my daily carry autoload pistol, purchasing a Beretta Storm was a refreshing step.

Getting a hammer in my hands again, I realize how much I missed them, and doubt I will be getting any more striker firearms.

kytowboater 06-17-2013 10:48 AM

I prefer firearms with hammers.

HockaLouis 06-17-2013 11:16 AM

Single-actions are better w/a hammer!
;)

apwvsd40ve 06-17-2013 12:14 PM

I think that both have there benefits. Currently my SD is a striker-fire. I like the way it shoots and feels. I have a SA revolver that I love as well. I have also shot a couple of different 1911's and like the look and feel of those. Some might say this is personal preference (and it is)...but I don't have a preference yet. I like to shoot them all!

rifleman1 06-17-2013 12:55 PM

i like both i preferre to carry a striker pistol becuase of the concealibility asspects,i do have a 1911 on my ccw permit but rarely carry it do to weight,if we had open carry in california i would carry it more often but thats not an option.i think it really comes down to your needs and likes,it really is what you preferre or need.

phildenton 06-17-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1278695)
Anyone like me, really prefer a hammer gun over a striker fired gun?

After twenty years of having a Glock 20 as my daily carry autoload pistol, purchasing a Beretta Storm was a refreshing step.

Getting a hammer in my hands again, I realize how much I missed them, and doubt I will be getting any more striker firearms.

Yo, i definitely prefer hammer fired. I also prefer sa/da, not a fan of sao in either striker or hammer, personally not a fan of glock, but they are simple and reliable.

@rifleman, you have to list your carry weapons on your permit?

JimRau 06-17-2013 04:48 PM

Make mine with a hammer, visible, most of the time!!!:D

Jagermeister 06-17-2013 04:48 PM

My handguns are hammer fired. Owned a striker fire once and hated it: Glock 17.

Overkill0084 06-17-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Anyone like me, really prefer a hammer gun over a striker fired gun? After twenty years of having a Glock 20 as my daily carry autoload pistol, purchasing a Beretta Storm was a refreshing step. Getting a hammer in my hands again, I realize how much I missed them, and doubt I will be getting any more striker firearms.
I own one, striker pistol, a XD40SC. The trigger doesn't suck as much as some it's competitors. (Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the design) That will likely be it for me & strikers, for the foreseeable future.

bigjim 06-17-2013 05:33 PM

Hammer fired, no exception for me.

Jim