H&k usp 45= thee best handgun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > H&k usp 45= thee best handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 512 Times on 314 Posts

I love mine usp 45 I also like that there are some variants to them mine is double action only no safety or decock

USP Variants:
Variant 1:
 Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 2: 
Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 3: 
Double action/single action without "SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 4: 
Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.

Variant 6: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.

Variant 7: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)

Variant 8: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY

Variant 9: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.

Variant 10: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 03-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
We call it Condition 1, I'm not familiar with the trem "Sig style". I think more members would recognize it when referred to as Condition 1. (Thanks Col. Cooper!)

From Wikipedia
Cooper favored the Colt M1911 and its variants. There are several conditions of readiness in which such a weapon can be carried.

Cooper promulgated most of the following terms:
  • Condition Four: Chamber empty, no magazine, hammer down.
  • Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
  • Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
  • Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
  • Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.
I think that since the OP only had 29 posts, at the time, it would be wiser to explain the different actions in terms that he could more easily understand.
Do you really think newbies come to this site already knowing what "Condition one" or "DA/SA means?

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 102

I bought my USP 45 in 1995 for $522 and was given a USP 45C to keep for a friend. He paid $560 NIB. We bought before prices went North. Both have been excellent pistols but Best Pistol Ever - ??? They are very short on ergonomics and these are combat triggers. The former you are stuck with, the later should only be worked on by the factory.

I love the 1911 grip angle and I have the DA/SA configuration and yes, it can be carried in Coopers Condition One. It is a great pistol to transition 1911 users to double action pistols.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have an HK USP .40 and it is a good gun after I sent it back to HK two times for warranty repairs! The hammer drop safety did not function right and broke once. That is bad, especially if you are relying on the gun for your life!

Do I like the gun? Yes. Is it the best gun out there. NO! Would I buy another one? NO.

If you really want one of the best combat reliable .45 autos, take a look at the FNX-.45 Tactical Handgun. Far superior to the HK.

May God make smooth the path you follow!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #25

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

I can not see paying over $500 for ANY POLY GUN. I think between the Springer XD line and Glock, this market is pretty much established at that price point.

I've shot my buddies HK .45 and was not impressed. Compared to my XD 45 he got poor ergonomics, lower capacity, more muzzle flip, and a trigger that is really no better than the XD.

At $499 for the XD V/S $750 I just do not find HK TO BE WORTH THE MONEY.

Tack

Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #26
GY6

Default Thank you for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75370 View Post
I have 2 H&K USP's one Elite and one Standard full size both 45 ACP.
I've fired thousands of rounds through these handguns, without any problems at all.
I've even tried to induce a malfunction by dragging through dirt mud so on.
One thing that I like is the guns ability to be carried Sig style or if you like can be carried cocked and locked like venerable 1911.
AMEN!!! I agree 100%...These weapons are TANKS! and in my opinion VERY EASY TO HANDLE(because I have big hands) and have very low recoil for a 45acp...Thanks for replying brotha. Im going to invite you to a NEW GROUP I just started here on FTF...I hope you will accept so we can talk more

Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #27
GY6

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23 View Post
Yeah, i like H&K but, cant see spending a grand for one. I even saw one last week at the pawn shop for $699!!. If they were a little more in my range i would like a .45 USP compact.
Oh I agree they are overpriced...but I happen to get really LUCKY and find a guy selling his for only $600=0 LETS JUST SAY I PULLED $600 out of the bank REALLY FAST! LOL Thanks for your input

Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #28
GY6

LOLOL
NOTE TO SELF:
Dont ever say H&K USP 45 is the best handgun made(because that is a BOLD STATEMENT), just say H&K USP 45 is one of my favorite handguns ever made LOL

LOL

usp-pdx1-awesome.jpg  

Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #29

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

The thing about the H&K USP, is the fact it is yet another double stack, polymer framed, semi auto defense pistol. And as such it fits into the same category as a Springfield XD, Glock, or Smith & Wesson M&P, along with a few others. In comparison of cost, features, reliability, etc., I just don't see any advantage it possesses over the others. It's a good handgun, but so are the others at much less cost. As for reliability, again it has no advantage, especially over Glock. It boils down to personal preference, which I should add is fine. But with that said liking it more doesn't make it a "better" handgun.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 102

HK sights are steel and the three dot system of sights is larger and brighter than normal. Glock sights are plastic and one of the first thing people change on them. How is that equal ?

Glocks have no external safety and some of us prefer one. Passive & active safeties have been created to avoid the Glock leg/foot/Ka-Boom stories.

Proprietary - HK even has its own foundary.