H&k usp 45= thee best handgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > H&k usp 45= thee best handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2857 Times on 1487 Posts
Likes Given: 254

The USP series are very accurate. Tough as nails barrels. Barrel sits too high in relation to the hand causing excessive muzzle flip. Mags can be inserted backwards under stress. Full size mags do not work in compact versions.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Mine had a small spring break that kept the hammer from cocking. It is the first gun I have ever had to send in for repair and I rarely shot it. It was a nice gun and was very reliable and accurate plus had the 1911 controls. I traded it for a Glock.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have 2 H&K USP's one Elite and one Standard full size both 45 ACP.
I've fired thousands of rounds through these handguns, without any problems at all.
I've even tried to induce a malfunction by dragging through dirt mud so on.
One thing that I like is the guns ability to be carried Sig style or if you like can be carried cocked and locked like venerable 1911.

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #14

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY6 View Post
Thank you for your opinion, and I appreciated it .....I'll have to look into the PPQ, after what you said, it sounds like a awesome weapons system. Sorry your Friend had problems with his H&K...as far as the USP 45 goes, in my experience, it is a nail driver and never has had any problems while I have been shooting it...So hope he fairs better in the future.
Oh and NOT SPAM=) but yes a little advertising of my YouTube channel... just spreading the word about the videos I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GY6 View Post
Muahahahaha no not spam...but yes some advertising of my YouTube channel...Im trying to spread the word about the videos I do on YouTube....thanks again for your opinion, it is always considered and appreciated.
Had you read my post New Member From Northern California. on your thread in the Introduction section you would have seen the following request;

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #15

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75370 View Post
I have 2 H&K USP's one Elite and one Standard full size both 45 ACP.
I've fired thousands of rounds through these handguns, without any problems at all.
I've even tried to induce a malfunction by dragging through dirt mud so on.
One thing that I like is the guns ability to be carried Sig style or if you like can be carried cocked and locked like venerable 1911.
We call it Condition 1, I'm not familiar with the trem "Sig style". I think more members would recognize it when referred to as Condition 1. (Thanks Col. Cooper!)

From Wikipedia
Cooper favored the Colt M1911 and its variants. There are several conditions of readiness in which such a weapon can be carried.

Cooper promulgated most of the following terms:
  • Condition Four: Chamber empty, no magazine, hammer down.
  • Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
  • Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
  • Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
  • Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #16

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY6
The USP 45 is such a well made Gun by H&K it has to be one of the BEST HANDGUNS EVER MADE...Like this if you agree...

Here is a FULL REVIEW VIDEO:
I agee with you, I have owned and shot many weapons, my favorite is my HK USP. 40, but wouldn't make the claim best ever.( many members will quickly dispute that, even the ones who may not be familiar with the USP's ) I will say that it is the BEST for me. Best is very subjective. Pricey?,, sure. Worth it? IMO, Absolutely. But then again that's just MO. Angto address the post of the guys USP stovepiping, I would guess he was limp wristing, but again just a guess

Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #17

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The ONLY time my usp 40 has stovepiped is when my 15 yo daughter shoots it, limp wristing. I've put around 2k rounds through her, never had it happen to me.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #18

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc
The ONLY time my usp 40 has stovepiped is when my 15 yo daughter shoots it, limp wristing. I've put around 2k rounds through her, never had it happen to me.
Now that I think about it,my buddy may have been limp writing it.hes a big guy but is still relatively new to guns,we shot my .357 sp101 on the same outing and it was getting the best of him,thought for a second it may jump out of his poor grip on the thing. So he may have been doing the same with the USP and it was just not as apparent as with the sp101

Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Yeah, i like H&K but, cant see spending a grand for one. I even saw one last week at the pawn shop for $699!!. If they were a little more in my range i would like a .45 USP compact.

Last edited by Glockpotion23; 03-06-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #20

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I have a USP 9 and quite honestly I don't see what the big deal is about H&K. I bought it because I really wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. The gun is OK, but that's about it. It is overpriced. The magazine release is poorly designed and can easily pinch your fingers. The magazines themselves are horribly overpriced and poorly constructed compared to a metal lined, drop free Glock magazine. A 33 round Glock 9 MM magazine can be had for about $31.00. A 31 round H&K USP magazine runs $140.00. That is insane. Also H&K has a buyer be damned attitude because they are heavily reliant on their military contracts. If it weren't for them they would starve. As I said the one I have is OK, but it is not my favorite 9 MM. I won't be rushing out to buy another.