Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > h&K questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default h&K questions

okay i wanna h&k usp 45 compact curious if its good reviews etc... thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

How about ya swing by the introduction forum and tell us a little about yourself and then we can get to your question.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 04-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #3

I've always thought that H&K made weapons were some of the best on the market. Now I've not actually personally fired this particular weapon, but knowing their reputation for excellence, chances are it follows suite!

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I personally owned the HK USP Tactical, which is the little brother of the SOCOM model 23.

The weapon shot great, has a tunable trigger and I have had a problem with it. With the threaded barrel, it always garnered interest at the range when I unpacked it.

Having said that:

I have pretty big hands and the controls for the both the slide release and the mag release could not be hit with my thumb without taking the barrel of the weapon off target by rotating my grip, so a tactical reload was not ideal. It was also thick & heavy, so as a CCW piece, it was not even an option. That model is a thigh holster carry only as trying to put it anywhere else is going to scream "Look at me, I have a hand cannon under my jacket"

I had the weapon for about 3 or so years and sold it for like $100 less than I paid for it, so it held value well and never failed me in anyway.

Is there a range near you where you can try it out before you spend the money??

JD

Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I've owned a couple of USPs and while they are well engineered guns, they are expensive for what you get. I never saw a huge advantage over the other poly guns on the market which cost 50% less. They do say "H&K" on the side though and are very popular on TV and in video games...

Old 04-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
jyo

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default HKs

I personally own five HK pistols at this time---three full-size USPs (two 9mm, one 45) and a USPc plus a P2000, both 9mm---honestly, none has ever jammed! A high quality firearm made with superior materials---if they fit your hand well, whats not to like?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #7

Default Help

I have a usp tactical 45 with lem trigger and regular night sights a rail adapter and tlr 1 light and i need a basket weave duty holster but cant find one can ant body help please

Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #8

By the way my tactical has 20000 plus rounds through it with no problems if you can afford it i recommend the compact