Gut check ! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gut check !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

G21.45, you do understand that using a firearm results in the taking of human life, don't you? You do understand that there is a strong chance that there will be legal and moral issues that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life that stem from the shooting don't you?

Why not avoid that whole **** storm in the first place and get out before you've put yourself and others in a bad place? You mention common sense, but are trying to skirt common sense by trying to be Rambo.

A legally justifiable shooting in most states is only one that protects the life, limb or eyesight of yourself or another from an immediate threat. This is also what constitutes a morally justifiable shooting.

If this happens, then yes, I'll draw, asses the situation and shoot to eliminate a threat. However, there is no reason to run around looking for problems and whipping your piece out every chance you get. That job is for law enforcement.

If this is the mindset of "sheep", then I'm evidently one of the sheep. I've made it through 33 years of life without having taken human life or feeling the need to.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

+1 and Bahhhhh.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2997 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 17675

Default About the gunfighting thing!

I do love lamp chops,dated a greek girl once. www,suarezinternationalstore.com.---s-3firearms training--

Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #24

Then again if you were as ugly as a sheep-- who'd bother messing with you? They probably say "Man, that dude is ugly, he has enough problems".

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
signed,
Joe

Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
G21.45, you do understand that using a firearm results in the taking of human life, don't you? You do understand that there is a strong chance that there will be legal and moral issues that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life that stem from the shooting don't you?

Why not avoid that whole **** storm in the first place and get out before you've put yourself and others in a bad place? You mention common sense, but are trying to skirt common sense by trying to be Rambo.

A legally justifiable shooting in most states is only one that protects the life, limb or eyesight of yourself or another from an immediate threat. This is also what constitutes a morally justifiable shooting.

If this happens, then yes, I'll draw, asses the situation and shoot to eliminate a threat. However, there is no reason to run around looking for problems and whipping your piece out every chance you get. That job is for law enforcement.

If this is the mindset of "sheep", then I'm evidently one of the sheep. I've made it through 33 years of life without having taken human life or feeling the need to.
Matt, you amaze me! That is an interesting little rant. I don’t know what it proves; but, it does say a lot about you! So let me ask: Exactly what is your problem? Are you jealous; are you egocentric, or just full of internet bravado, and an excessively competitive ego?

I’m serious – What is with you?

You’re talking to a man who is twice your age and never been in trouble with the law for anything, other than an occasional traffic ticket, in his entire life. You’re talking to someone who has often discussed tactics and self-defense with government and local law enforcement experts. You’re talking to someone who has posted more than 13,000 posts on internet firearms and self-defense forums and – until you came along – never once been accused of being bloodthirsty, reminded of my legal responsibilities, or had my personal scruples challenged.

So, again, what is it with you?

Take a good hard second look at what I’ve written. Since you seem to object so strongly to something I’ve said, go ahead and state your case: Tell me and everyone else on this board exactly what is it, and where I have either violated the law, encouraged anyone to break it, or compromised any of the traditional Judeo-Christian ethics upon which this nation was founded – Go ahead, if you can honestly do so, I’m waiting to hear your reply.

Don’t misuse your position as a moderator to throw wild ill-founded accusations around; instead be specific! You seem to have completely missed the point that my comments and pictures have been aimed more at the wrong self-defense attitude and the wrong self-defense behavior than even coming close to ignoring the law or stepping on Christian morality as you have so foolishly implied.

Frankly, I think you should be ashamed of yourself. You, literally, ‘jumped the gun’ with me on these subjects! Let’s get something straight between us: So far, I am the only one who has posted anything about legal and moral questions arising from the use of a gun! NOT you, Matt – Me! Even now you are merely referencing the subject while I HAVE ACTUALLY POSTED ON THIS TOPIC!

Do the both of us - and everyone else on the forum - a favor and stop making silly ass self-righteous assumptions about a topic on which you, obviously, know next to nothing. Get it straight: NOTHING I HAVE SAID HAS, IN ANY WAY, ENCOURAGED EITHER IMMORAL OR ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR – NOTHING! If you honestly believe that I have then all I can say is that you have misconstrued my remarks and advice.

In my considered opinion you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror, pal. If this is how you intend to moderate a firearms forum then I got ‘a tell you, you stink! You’re only half my age; and, you’ve already admitted to extreme drug abuse. (Your own words – NOT mine!) I’ve never done anything like that in my entire life; as a matter of fact, I don’t even drink.

You’ve, also, described yourself as a, ‘trained government killer’. Again, your words - Not mine! Here’s the exact quote:

‘I just need a chill pill every once in a while. I cooked my brain with LSD when I was a kid, then as I was coming down from that ride, I let Uncle Sugar program me as an ultra efficient killer. In retrospect, I probably should have waited a year or two between one and the other, but hindsight is always 20/20.’

Come on, Matt! I’ve lived next door to, socialized, worked, and trained with real live, ‘trained government killers’. I’m more than confident in the personal suspicion that this is something you positively are NOT! Nothing I’ve read from you, so far, shows any of the necessary: self-discipline, maturity, life experience, nor the technical expertise needed to defend this country from, either, foreign or domestic social miscreants. Everything you post remains at or below the level of pure, ‘keyboard commando’ nonsense.

(Which, now that I think about it, is probably why you seem to insist upon taking cheap shots at me. You're jealous, aren't you!)

Look, let’s get it straight: I’ve been replying to the statements and questions of an individual whose personal safety habits border on being atrocious! He sleeps in highway rest areas; he parks in blind holes; he’s been, ‘sucker punched’ twice in parking lots; and, incredibly, he somehow managed to place his own wife in position between himself and a felon with a drawn AND aimed gun! THIS is the man I’ve been trying to help – NOT play at, ‘keyboard commando’ with, but, actually trying to help.

As far as the sheep pictures go? Well, sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Definitely worth more than that incredibly STUPID remark you made; (And, again, I quote) ‘If you lived to tell about it, you should never have pulled the trigger.’ Wow, as any competent self-defense instructor could (and should) tell you: That is an exceedingly inept and naïve remark on your part!

By posting crappy advice like that you are actually encouraging this fellow to continue his personally and publicly dangerous self-defense behaviors and (Ready?) actually increasing the likelihood that he will, again, find himself in a position where he has to resort to pulling a gun because he, still, hasn’t grasped how to reduce and avoid opportunities of this nature.

If you really were a, ‘trained government killer’ you’d know that soldiers don't deliberately place themselves in harm's way by taking senseless and ill-advised risks the way this fellow has been doing. Most of what I’ve had to say in this (and several other threads) has been aimed at gently chiding this individual toward recognition of the fact that in order to avoid danger (or a gunfight) the first thing you have to change is YOUR ATTITUDE. Heck, if you’d taken the time to actually read my original posts you should have been able to grasp that this is what I’ve really been talking about!

Right now you owe me an apology! You need to come down off that, ‘high horse’, Matt. I’m genuinely sorry that you misspent your youth abusing drugs; but, you have no right to make gross assumptions, and post crap, or jump to erroneous conclusions about another board member whose training and life experience you, but, poorly understand and are irrationally jealous of.

(I already know what you're going to say, here; and I will remind you that it's best for everyone if you are honest with, both, yourself and others!)

If you’re going to continue as a moderator then you genuinely need to be more reflective and to wait until someone actually does say something that is clearly illegal or genuinely incorrect BEFORE you pounce on him. Trust me on this: Petty rivalries and sanctimonious rhetoric will only come back upon your own head! I would further suggest to you that until you really do know what you’re supposed to be talking about you should post less and not more.

I'm, also, willing to consider that I may be spending time in, 'the wrong ballpark'. If you'd rather that I didn't post on this forum all you have to do is say so. When I was a boy my mother used to say to me; 'Son, lions don't run with rabbits!' Well, I know I'm not a sheep; and, I sure ain’t no rabbit. If you or your peers think I'm keeping the wrong company around here all you have to do is let me know.

Everything you’ve implied about me is pure crap! In 5 years and almost 9,000 posts on Glock Talk – with many of them written into the: Tactics, Concealed Carry, Cop Talk, and Religious Issues forums, nobody has ever accused me of being bloodthirsty or disrespectful of the law – NOBODY! For that I had to come over here to this little jerkwater gun forum and become involved with a half-assed site moderator who clearly isn’t up to the job he’s supposed to be doing.

Like I said: You owe me an apology. You, also, need to learn a whole lot more about: self-defense, weapons, tactics, and the necessary applied psychology.

Very truly yours,

'G21.45'

Last edited by G21.45; 08-22-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Hell,thanks !

I`m quite the rusty" want to be "at this point.I can handle critisism,insults,and what-ever. This is not a challange, but a thirst for kowledge.Now-Mr.G-21.45,I highly respect you`re opinions,but you can be a little (-HAAARSH-) at times.Frankly,you`re abrasive humor is quite entertaining.I love it.It`s all of you characters that make this forum No. 1 to me.In my own time ,I will know who to blow off and who gets my attention.Now lets all calm down and get back to teaching the dummy,ME !I`m not hopeless,just stuuuppid !

Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #27

O Boy what an interesting development of forum events .

Never seen a person in a position of power admit to cooking his brain with LSD before , takes a great deal of credibility away from anything he says .

I've known a few people who did indeed "Cook their brain on LSD" and quite frankly trying to have a meaningful conversation with them is a complete waste of time as they tend to zone in and out of reality , stop speaking in the middle of a sentence for periods of time that often last for several minutes and then resume a conversation that had taken place weeks or months ago .

Taking anything they say at face value is pretty hard to do because they are usually caught in lies constantly .

To believe that a person with that kind of past history could survive the rigors of any military training is rather hard to do much less becoming a "trained government killer" who has never killed .

As a matter of fact one of the people Who I personally knew very well as we grew up together from grade school was tossed out of the military due to his inability to let go of the drugs . Such a waste to , he had a very bright future and he too was an extremely bright person until the LSD use ruined his life .

Last I heard of him from his father he had managed to find a girl with a similar background as him with the drugs have a couple of kids which DFS took away and gave to his parents to raise and neither he nor the mother had bothered to even try visiting the kids in over two years , were bouncing from homeless shelter to shelter Job to job and like your typical drug user had burned their bridges with all family members and friends they ever had borrowing and stealing money .

I had long since disassociated myself from him after he was booted out of the service and we had run into each other by chance and I could see what his drug use had done for him and I didn't want him coming around me and my small children .

Sounds like it's time to find a different MOD to me .

Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #28

I think he was joking guys. Before you tar and feather him give him a chance to respond.

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
signed,
Joe

Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Cold Hard Facts !

The people I work for are relatively within ten or so years of my own age.I don`t no how old most of you are ,but that particular generation spawned a generation of guinea-pigs.What they might have done,isn`t even relative at this point.They are all highly intelligent and very sucessful people."point-n-case",the past is the past .I`ve still got half-a-million questions left so don`t any of you abandon me.You may all take part in saveing my dumb-a$$ some day so lets get back at it,( BY THE WAY),I`m polish.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think you'll generally find that as people age they get a bit more relaxed (not necessarily complacent) and tend not to over-react, in other words, they behave less like cowboy's and more like responsible adults. They don't look for trouble and announce to the world that they are ready, willing, and able to meet trouble with more trouble. Having a gun is not like having a big dick, or even a big stick, because unlike a big dick, or a big stick, your gun had better stay in your pants until there is a REAL need to pull it out. Getting older means knowing when to pull it out, because once it's out, you better be able and willing to use it. Anyone out here that claims to be able to tell you when to pull it out and how to use it is full of sh!t. Only YOU will know the answer to those questions, because only YOU will be in the situation which will dictate whether you draw, or retreat, and only YOU will be responsible for YOUR actions, morally and legally. The best you can do is practice and become proficient so that you feel confident in your abilities. Any advice short of how to practice or what ammo works best to stop a threat is pure conjecture and bears little if any resemblance to the situation that hopefully you will NEVER find yourself in.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-23-2008 at 02:19 PM.