Gunshow Prices - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gunshow Prices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, I did meet a vendor at the gunshow that I ended up meeting at his gunship who sold me a complete AR15 JD upper for $400 OTD. That is about the only good thing I can say about the gunshow.

Last edited by GunHo; 05-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #22

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo
Well, I did meet a vendor at the gunshow that I ended up meeting at his gunship who sold me a complete AR15 JD upper for $400 OTD. That is about the only good thing I can say about the gunshow.
Dang, he has his own gunship??

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #23

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 832

I dont have that problem.... But then Im not looking for guns that can be found at the local gun shop....

Old 05-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #24

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
I dont have that problem.... But then Im not looking for guns that can be found at the local gun shop....
Looking for another Medusa? Lol

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The deals that still can be found is with the oddball item and accessories. The gun deal is a rarity now. Unfortunately, I blame my fellow dealers for this. They are reacting to the market and there is a greed component involved.

As far as how much can be marked up or down, what most have no clue about is that a very large part of the total price of any given firearm is taken up before the retailer gets it to sell to the end buyer. My average markup is 10-15%, that's all. If I go higher, I take myself out of competition for pricing. There are a few brands that I can occassionally have a bit more wiggle room, but not much. The few factory direct brands that I have access to make it a bit better for me, but still not a real lot. Still, a small discount on at least some guns can be done at gun shows if they wanted to.

The used market is an entirely separate animal. Trade in prices are ridiculous. People are being given little of nothing for trades and outright sales to dealers and the markups often exceed $100 for resale.

I can be critical. I'm a part of the market. It's not the only market that has responded to demand the way it has, but it still rubs a lot of people the wrong way. If I was vendoring, would I do it the way others are doing. Doubtful. I have some pretty strong convictions.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #26

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You don't go to gun shows for the dealers, you to gun shows because of the average Joe Citizen walking around looking to sell or swap a gun they have. I book tables at gun shows to sell grips and knives, but that really just an excuse for me to get stationary at a show so I can watch the people coming and going to see what they are trying to sell or swap. I always end up buying more at shows than I sell and that's okay with me. I usually find two or three good deals at every show I go to.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #27

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89 View Post
Looking for another Medusa? Lol
Nope.... Ones enough..

Ive been trying to trade my 1895 for a Krag or IH Garand...

Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #28
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Unfortunately my issue with gun shows are due to them disarming everyone. If you wanted to rob someone just go to a gun show everyone has their gun zip tied up and couldn't defend themselves if needed.
There was an incident at a gun show a while back where a man was looking at a pistol. This was before they started using ties. The dealer was busy but was wary of the guy. The guy put the pistol down and took off a little too quick. The dealer grabbed the pistol to examine it thinking some parts were stolen and found a live round in the chamber. This was a clear attempt to cause an incident and someone getting hurt or killed would have made it a bigger incident. No conscience. Anti gunners are not anti violence. I believe there was more than one of these incidents so the guns were tied off.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #29

Liked 2551 Times on 1455 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
There was an incident at a gun show a while back where a man was looking at a pistol. This was before they started using ties. The dealer was busy but was wary of the guy. The guy put the pistol down and took off a little too quick. The dealer grabbed the pistol to examine it thinking some parts were stolen and found a live round in the chamber. This was a clear attempt to cause an incident and someone getting hurt or killed would have made it a bigger incident. No conscience. Anti gunners are not anti violence. I believe there was more than one of these incidents so the guns were tied off.
Well.

Anti-gunners acting irresponsibly, in order to try and prove

we're irresponsible.

It's such a shame to say this is not unusual. Our

very own DOJ is on board with schemes much like this. IMO,

these catty, cowardly, dishonorable acts are the final

desperate fall-backs of a hopeless, dying movement...

Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Having attended more than my share, at least accordind to the better half, gun shows prices are set so there is "wiggle room". After all don't we all go in search of a "deal"? At times individual gun shops may deal-dependent on the phase of the moon. Places like Gander or Cabela's have bean counters, computers and buy in large enough quantities that they really don't follow moon phases tp well.