Guns similar to Desert Eagle? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Guns similar to Desert Eagle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7809 Times on 4687 Posts
Likes Given: 9822

I have seen a 500 S&W in action and I was quite impressed. I didn't shoot it because I was afraid it would throw me over backwards. I think the 500 S&W is a great gun.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

*must not post, must not post, must not post*

Old 10-14-2010, 02:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
While I think the DE is a horriable pistol and would not burden myself with ever owning one. I have shot one in 50 ae. They are not really that hard to deal with as the gun is the size shape and weight of an anchor for the USS Missouri. That being said ONLY shoot a DE if you like being pelted in the face with scorching hot brass. Unless you shoot like a gangbanger. The rotary bolt on that thing rotates so hard and fast you can't keep it from smacking you in the face with brass. NOT my IDEA of FUN day at the Range.

Now the only other rounds close would be the 460 smith and the 500 smith. These unfortunately are only available in a revolver. But they are the big bore heavy weights that will out perform the 50 ae with just about any load.
The Dessert Eagle is just a very unique gun that takes practice on how to brace yourself for the kick. If you take the time to practice and learn how to use it properly it is a very accurate gun capable of stopping any man and most animals. I've owned one for about 4 years now. It took me about 300 rounds to figure it out but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy to shoot. You just have to practice and get the basics of Big Bore Pistols. They are not a 9mm and can't be shot like one. I have no problems with brass hitting me in the face.

I also have a S&W 500 that I like better than the Dessert Eagle but I have always liked revolvers better. A .460 Magnum is on my bucket list for sure. I shot one and I want one.

With any of these hand cannons double taps are very challenging and rapid fire is about impossible.

Last edited by ElvisIsDead; 10-14-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
Hi, Im new here.

I would like to know if there is any guns that are similars to Desert Eagle .50?

In bullet calibre size and kinda easy system as Desert Eagle (take it apart for cleaning etc.,) (No revolvers)

May seem like a completely stupid question (and I'm always prepared for that), but why do you want one?

Is it just the *BOOM* factor? (appealing though that is)

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 AM   #15

Get a 10 mm

Old 10-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6009 Times on 3147 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
That being said ONLY shoot a DE if you like being pelted in the face with scorching hot brass. Unless you shoot like a gangbanger. The rotary bolt on that thing rotates so hard and fast you can't keep it from smacking you in the face with brass.
this only happens from limp wristing. if you flinch it will smack you with hot brass. ive got a 50AE DE and quickly developed a MUCH stronger grip or you suffer. this has greatly helped my 1911 shooting. the real negative of the 50AE is the cost of loaded ammo. current prices its nearly 8$ a shot if purchased at some stores off the shelf. it is an extremely easy round to load and works ver well on a progressive press. it is a very innefficient round as most of the powder is burned outside the gun leading to a lot of waste.

you are also restricted to jacketed bullets due to the DE's gas system. it is a very reliable handgun. spring wear is an issue as they wear out every thousand shots or so. accuracy is extremely good. hits on 1 liter bottles can be achieved with regularity at 100 yards.

any way they are excellent guns if your looking for a range plinker.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
While I think the DE is a horriable pistol and would not burden myself with ever owning one. I have shot one in 50 ae. They are not really that hard to deal with as the gun is the size shape and weight of an anchor for the USS Missouri. That being said ONLY shoot a DE if you like being pelted in the face with scorching hot brass. Unless you shoot like a gangbanger. The rotary bolt on that thing rotates so hard and fast you can't keep it from smacking you in the face with brass. NOT my IDEA of FUN day at the Range.

Now the only other rounds close would be the 460 smith and the 500 smith. These unfortunately are only available in a revolver. But they are the big bore heavy weights that will out perform the 50 ae with just about any load.
That's interesting actually, because I never once got hit in the face with a spent shell