Gunbroker.com
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gunbroker.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gunbroker.com

Anyone ever use this site? To or not to...that is the question. I am looking at A Taurus pt92ss from that site. They seem pretty hard to find. So with tax, ffl, and shipping I'm up to 610.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #2

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I've used it ... more good than bad but the bad was 2 shops that didn't have what they claimed they had and when I contacted them to ship they tried to sell me something else

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

I called the dealer directly on Gun broker to confirm in stock and just payed and bypassed Gun broker.
I tried setting up an account with them to sell. They said my information was suspended because it was suspicious. They wanted a copy of my drivers license and mail from my house. I told them to shove it. I've lived in my house for 13 years and worked for the same company the same. I don't give my driver's license out freely.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #4

Thanks for the feedback, I have actually already reached out to the dealer. Hopefully I can close a deal and possibly pick it up as it just happens to be in state.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #5

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulclay03 View Post
Anyone ever use this site? To or not to...that is the question. I am looking at A Taurus pt92ss from that site. They seem pretty hard to find. So with tax, ffl, and shipping I'm up to 610.
I've used it several times with good results but never to spend over $600 on a Taurus

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just started using them December. So far I've won and received a box of 50 rnds of 9 mm Blazer ammo and a Hi-Point 9 mm. Today I should pick up a Taurus PT22.

The ammo was my first bid and first win--start small, right?--and I probably paid about the right price at $11.50, but the shipping of $7 made the total way too much. First lesson learned, mentally add the shipping cost to your bid and test for good or bad deal before you bid. In this case, it was actually a good thing though because the ammo shelves here are bare except for some shot shells and a few weird calibers that no one has. If I hadn't bought overpriced ammo, I'd not had ANY ammo to shoot in my second item won. Second lesson learned, GB.com offers a wide easilly searched marketplace

Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #7

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiifrank View Post
I just started using them December. So far I've won and received a box of 50 rnds of 9 mm Blazer ammo and a Hi-Point 9 mm. Today I should pick up a Taurus PT22.

The ammo was my first bid and first win--start small, right?--and I probably paid about the
Quote:
right price at $11.50, but the shipping of $7 made the total way too much.
First lesson learned, mentally add the shipping cost to your bid and test for good or bad deal before you bid. In this case, it was actually a good thing though because the ammo shelves here are bare except for some shot shells and a few weird calibers that no one has. If I hadn't bought overpriced ammo, I'd not had ANY ammo to shoot in my second item won. Second lesson learned, GB.com offers a wide easilly searched marketplace
I'd bet many learned that lesson the hard way

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sorry hit send in error....

...marketplace that is very convenient.

My second bid and win, the 9 mm Hi-Point, was a little better deal, but the $20 shipping and the $25 FFL transfer fee didn't help. Again, though, at least one online local source was Out of Stock on this model and I'd never seen or heard of this brand before even when we weren't in the middle of a gun/ammo shortage. If I had stuck with only my LGS, I'd still be looking. Lesson 3, it's a big market place.

My third bid turned into a Buy It Now purchase. The used PT22 has a pink poly frame and I'be never seen one like that. I suspect it was stripped, dyed and reassembled and of course my wife, who is not comfortable with my (admittedly ugly) 9mm, thought a pink gun was a pretty neat idea. So, I just paid the Buy It Now price to end the auction and win it. It should be here today.

Overall, I say GB wad a good experience. Easy, fast and, if you check prices elsewhere and know what your upper limit should be, you can get a deal. You can certainly find what you're looking to buy. For safety, I'd say stick with sellers who have a track record of at least a handful of past sales and, of course, a good rating. Some vendors have thousands of sales to their credit. Quite a lot of them are LGS around the country.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #9

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Yup, purchased 4 through dealers there. Just like with any online sales Site, look at the dealer rating or number of transactions. Ask questions and don't bid until you've received a satisfactory response.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #10

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I got my Mosin Nagant off that website and it's fine.