Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > gunbroker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default gunbroker

Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from them I'm looking for a s&w 4506 not a fan of buying guns online but I can't find one in a local shop

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Yup, I've bought a couple from GB. Really examine the seller's feedback - if it's not perfect or near perfect - run away. The danger is you will not get to see and hold the gun until after you plunk down the cash - not for the faint of heart...

Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Have you tried looking a Bud's Guns online? They are an actual dealer, not an auction house. Just a thought.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Like anything on line or any auction - You can find great buys with research and a lot of patience. I have bought new and used both off of GunBroker and have had nothing but good buys so far.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #5

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I bought new from a dealer on gunbroker...worked out great.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #6

I've done it. In order to get good buys, I do about 50 bids before I actually win an auction. Takes time. In the last 2 years, I have bought 2 guns this way. Both were used. Both times I was nervous. I am very satisfied with one purchase. The other I am moderately satisfied with.

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Have done business on GB and on Auction Arms. Look at the feedback from a seller- not just the numbers, but responses to feedback. I have bought a few dozen guns thru the 2 sites. When looking at what you are willing to bid, be sure to consider shipping costs, AND cost of paying a transfer dealer at your end. If a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is. One advantage to auctionarms.com- there is a "3 day no-shoot return for any reason you pay shipping" policy on ALL firearms.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I haven't done anything on either. My dad on he other hand has done a lot of business on GB and Guns America. He always called the seller first and talks to them. Then he buys or bids and it has always worked out good for him.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #9

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'll make a ridiculously low bid very early in an auction then forget about it. In a week or so I either get an email telling me I was outbid (most usually) or a wonderful email telling me I won. The second is rare, but it has happened and I have made some fabulous acquisitions that way. As stated by others, you take a risk. Most of the sellers do not allow disassembly during an inspection period and you really want to confine your purchase offers to sellers with immaculate ratings. It is a lot like bidding on Ebay and the same buyer beware rules apply. Understand that if the seller says the gun is a little rough with some pitting, this probably means the previous owner stored it in the bottom of his fish tank. "With a little tuning and TLC," usually means weeks at the gunsmith. Etc. Look for the ads without a reserve price, enter your bid, then don't go back. If you won, you will be notified, if not, bid on another..