Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   gunbroker (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/gunbroker-25817/)

gunsavy 04-08-2010 09:57 PM

gunbroker

Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from them I'm looking for a s&w 4506 not a fan of buying guns online but I can't find one in a local shop

NGIB 04-08-2010 10:03 PM

Yup, I've bought a couple from GB. Really examine the seller's feedback - if it's not perfect or near perfect - run away. The danger is you will not get to see and hold the gun until after you plunk down the cash - not for the faint of heart...

skullcrusher 04-08-2010 10:08 PM

Have you tried looking a Bud's Guns online? They are an actual dealer, not an auction house. Just a thought.

R-BOLT 04-08-2010 10:19 PM

Like anything on line or any auction - You can find great buys with research and a lot of patience. I have bought new and used both off of GunBroker and have had nothing but good buys so far.

Car54 04-08-2010 11:05 PM

I bought new from a dealer on gunbroker...worked out great.

jimbobpissypants 04-08-2010 11:25 PM

I've done it. In order to get good buys, I do about 50 bids before I actually win an auction. Takes time. In the last 2 years, I have bought 2 guns this way. Both were used. Both times I was nervous. I am very satisfied with one purchase. The other I am moderately satisfied with.

c3shooter 04-09-2010 12:16 AM

Have done business on GB and on Auction Arms. Look at the feedback from a seller- not just the numbers, but responses to feedback. I have bought a few dozen guns thru the 2 sites. When looking at what you are willing to bid, be sure to consider shipping costs, AND cost of paying a transfer dealer at your end. If a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is. One advantage to auctionarms.com- there is a "3 day no-shoot return for any reason you pay shipping" policy on ALL firearms.

cpttango30 04-09-2010 01:27 AM

I haven't done anything on either. My dad on he other hand has done a lot of business on GB and Guns America. He always called the seller first and talks to them. Then he buys or bids and it has always worked out good for him.

superc 04-09-2010 08:23 PM

I'll make a ridiculously low bid very early in an auction then forget about it. In a week or so I either get an email telling me I was outbid (most usually) or a wonderful email telling me I won. The second is rare, but it has happened and I have made some fabulous acquisitions that way. As stated by others, you take a risk. Most of the sellers do not allow disassembly during an inspection period and you really want to confine your purchase offers to sellers with immaculate ratings. It is a lot like bidding on Ebay and the same buyer beware rules apply. Understand that if the seller says the gun is a little rough with some pitting, this probably means the previous owner stored it in the bottom of his fish tank. "With a little tuning and TLC," usually means weeks at the gunsmith. Etc. Look for the ads without a reserve price, enter your bid, then don't go back. If you won, you will be notified, if not, bid on another..