Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Which gun will be the best choice? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/gun-will-best-choice-33154/)

eurotrade 10-17-2010 04:21 PM

Which gun will be the best choice?

Hey guys, i have a dilemma.
4 guns at the same price and still i can't decide which to get. Could you help me a bit? Which is the best choice for a first weapon as edc ? Much appreciated

dunerunner 10-17-2010 04:26 PM

Welcome to the FTF!!

eurotrade 10-17-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 369632)
Welcome to the FTF!!

Hi, thanks

Datam 10-17-2010 04:53 PM

The best handgun is the one you find most comfortable to your hand and eye. The advice I usually give is to try several types at the range, then choose. As for calibre, .45 acp is good, .357 or 9mm is fine too!

eurotrade 10-17-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datam (Post 369652)
The best handgun is the one you find most comfortable to your hand and eye. The advice I usually give is to try several types at the range, then choose. As for calibre, .45 acp is good, .357 or 9mm is fine too!

The sigpro fits my hand best, thats for sure, but im not sure its the best pistol. I can get use to every grip, even i can buy optional rubber-grips, thats not a problem.

ScottA 10-17-2010 08:34 PM

To try and differentiate the "best" between H&K, Sig, and Glock is a worthless endeavor. They are all very well made guns which will do the job equally well. Go with the one that feels best to you.

If this is your first gun, I'd lean towards the 9 rather than the .45 (unless you have a specific need for a big bullet like backwoods gun). 9mm ammo is the least expensive of all the "major" calibers which means more shooting.

But once you starting shooting, you'll buy a .22lr very shortly anyway so you can shoot all day and into the night without breaking the bank.

CHLChris 10-17-2010 09:24 PM

Interesting list... Hmmmmm...

I agree with 9mm as an EDC. If you are not going to go 1911 for the .45 acp round, then the H&K p30 9mm would be my vote!

hunter Joe 10-17-2010 09:28 PM

Welcome to are planet.

wb_carpenter 10-17-2010 09:57 PM

All choices are great but I think S&W M&P series and Springfield XD series deserve a look too.

My suggestion would be find a range that rents guns at a reasonable price and shoot a few. I don't know how well you shoot a handgun but it takes a little experience to be able to choose which you shoot best.

I would choose 9mm so you can shoot more for less and then move to .45 later and even better buy a .22 pistol too.

eurotrade 10-17-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wb_carpenter (Post 369816)
All choices are great but I think S&W M&P series and Springfield XD series deserve a look too.

My suggestion would be find a range that rents guns at a reasonable price and shoot a few. I don't know how well you shoot a handgun but it takes a little experience to be able to choose which you shoot best.

I would choose 9mm so you can shoot more for less and then move to .45 later and even better buy a .22 pistol too.

The SigPro shoots fine, i've never tried a P30 tho, the glock with the new handles must be great ?! I shot the 3rd gen glock and it feels like holding a cactus

The S&W and XD, i don't like these, not a bit.

IMHO i'm pretty sure the USP 9mm is the best from all these guns from the poll, but the price for that model here is....Lets just say you can get 2 USP's out there, i can get only 1, **** huh?