Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > gun for wife???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I agree with take her to gun shop that has a good stock and see what feels good and what she is able to shoot. In the case of my wife she had to go with a wheel gun because of her lack of strength in her 1 arm due to an injury she has alot of trouble racking an auto.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm thinking about buying mama a Taurus Judge in 45 long colt. I like the idea of being able to run .410 shells loaded with buckshot. Point and, rock and roll. I work at a gun shop with a indoor range and the guys that have them love them. Lots of big grins.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If you could get a gun for your wife, you would have made the best trade ever made by a man.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Hello? Is this thing on? *thumps mic*

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I beat you to that by a whole page of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
If you could get a gun for your wife, you would have made the best trade ever made by a man.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I beat you to that by a whole page of posts.
I guess it helps to read the whole thread, rather than jumping in and posting a smart assed remark, based solely upon the title of it.

Roger Waters

Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I work at a firearm shop with an indoor range and see those smiling faces on first-time female shooters everyday. Don't ever sell a female interested in firearms short.

The 40 s&w was developed when law enforcement started hiring more females. It was thought that 45s were too large for females to handle and 9s did not have enough stopping power. I sell a lot of 40s to females and know quite a few females that shoot 45s. Maybe its something in the milk here in the dairy state, but the girls like their guns big. Start her off with a .22 and let her work her way up and let her tell you when it is time to stop.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I work at a firearm shop with an indoor range and see those smiling faces on first-time female shooters everyday. Don't ever sell a female interested in firearms short.

The 40 s&w was developed when law enforcement started hiring more females. It was thought that 45s were too large for females to handle and 9s did not have enough stopping power. I sell a lot of 40s to females and know quite a few females that shoot 45s. Maybe its something in the milk here in the dairy state, but the girls like their guns big. Start her off with a .22 and let her work her way up and let her tell you when it is time to stop.
My wife has no problems with .45 ACP, but gets frustrated quickly with 1911s.

Roger Waters

Old 03-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Good question, Steve86.

I have been going thru this over the last couple of years. Wifey did not grow up around guns, and had never shot any until about 4 years ago, when I kinda nudged her into it. I let her shoot .410 shotgun. 1st shot, she handed it back and said "I don't know if I like it." I shot a few shells, and she decided to try again. I couldn't get it out of her hands after that. I let her shoot the .50 cal muzzleloader, she no likey. She would not even go close the 12 ga at that time. A couple of years later, she asked about shooting pistols. I let her fire the .45. It was all she could do to hold onto it. Like a champ, she ran 2 mags thru it and said, "A little much for me." I recently bought her a P32, something light and easy to handle so she can get used to firing a semi-auto. She loves it, but is a much better shot right now with .38 special revolver. She likes it, too. I told her the revolver was hers in the home. Yesterday she asked about CCW classes. I told her we can look into that, but we would also look for another revolver or good 9MM for her to carry. Yes, the P32 can do a bad guy in, but not a whole lot of knock down power.

Point is, she had to get out and shoot some to find out what she can handle.
Where in the world did you get your wives at? The barbie store!!!!!????????? No offense, but I am 4'10 105 pounds and a 12 gauge means nothing for me a .45 most definitely means nothing for me and on top of that I didn't grow up around guns! I don't understand how anyone other than a child couldn't shoot these guns unless they were doing it improperly. Someone explain this to me!

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You go girl.