Gun Trade Dilemma - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun Trade Dilemma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969
The only LGS that does a $15 transfer is 2.5 hours away. The close ones all charge $50, so that pretty much eats up your online savings. I'm lucky to have a LGS that is pretty fair on prices and is fair on reloading supplies. They are busy all the time, the only issue is the people that work there are kinda on the grumpy side, but I understand all the dumb ass's they deal with day in and day probably gets to them.
Ha ha! Think about it. We have people that are SOLELY gun educated by call of duty that come in here and want to act idiotic. Just imagine these same people in a gun store, showing off their video game knowledge, and actually asking why can't they buy a suppressed stoner 63, with fore grip, red dot, front mount, and enlarged magazine for the same price they can on the game with their COD points. And they want to ACTUALLY handle guns, and want to buy two GLOCKs so they can "go akimbo" (COD speak for two gun mojo).

I wouldn't just have a surly attitude. And then there are other issues. Like mountainman having people come in wanting to sell rusted out BP guns that haven't been cleaned since Moses was issued the Mk 1 spear.

Yeah, there's a number of jobs I don't think I could take if they were melted down and poured down my throat. Gun dealer, car dealer (tried, much money to be made, but I can't lie that much), and teacher just to name a few.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #12

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I have NEVER seen a $15 transfer fee in my region and I am not new to this. My friends, if they charge me, charge $45.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

The NICS is a $15 call.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #14

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Thanks Trip. I think I've come to that same conclusion. I got it home and wiped all the fingerprints off and forgot how cool the gun is. And you're right, I probably would have regretted trading or selling it. I guess I just got caught up for my lust with the Sig. First one I've ever seen outside of forum pictures of someone else's gun. I just need to cool my jets.
It sounds like there are no gun shows close to where you live. At the shows yo see a little bit of everything. And can handle anything you ask for. It helps counter the awe of a "known" gun.
There is this desire thing to contend with. But, you know, that gun that you thought was so super and had to have - lusted for... it is only a gun - and you realize that after you buy it. The gun shows kind of help with seeing that.

That special gun you have is unique and special. No offense meant, but a Sig is just a Sig. Available anywhere. Priced high like a Cadillac. But it is just gun, none the less.
You did well. Shoot your special gun and relearn it's appreciation.
The Sig and their like will always be there. And the RIA's will be there to show you that Sig money is not necessary.