Gun Show This Weekend
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun Show This Weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Gun Show This Weekend

I'm planning to go to the Gun & Knife show in Novi this weekend, to look for something to carry when I get my CPL. Even if I don't buy anything, it'll be nice to be able to compare guns in person rather than from a few pictures and a specification list.

... But, if I do want to buy something, what should I be looking for to determine the condition of a gun? Obviously finish wear, but I'm more concerned with the condition of the rifling and working parts. Are dealers usually pretty honest when it comes to reporting condition?

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Went to the show today, had a lot of fun. For some reason, almost every vendor there had an HK P7 or two for sale. Seemed a little strange.

Anyway, I was there to browse, but also looking for two specific possibilities for my upcoming CCW. I picked up a Makarov PM, the first gun I was looking for, and wasn't all that impressed. Learned from one vendor that a mint condition Sig P225, the other thing I was looking to try, had run out the door about an hour before I got there. Wasn't too heartbroken, though, because I decided to hold a Colt Defender. Wow. I need to find a short-barrel 1911 to shoot and check out the recoil, but it felt great in my hand, and I couldn't believe how light it was. It's definitely my new first choice.

On my way out, I got to fondle a Browning model 1910/71, the version with the enlarged grip, lengthened barrel, and target sights. I will own one of these .380's at some point, it was just the coolest little gun I've ever seen, and had a brilliant trigger.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm