Gun show ..... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Gun show .....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11003 Times on 4766 Posts
Likes Given: 1808

mall-ninja.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words....

Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #12

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I go for the used selection, can't be beat. You really have to know your stuff though, LOTS of bad deals. If you are new to this, bring a buddy who is knowledgeable or research one specific item/items and only look at buying that. Once you gain more exp and knowledge, you can troll for the great deals and desperate vendors.

Last show I went too I walked away with a $2000 rifle for $1300 bc I knew my sh!t and was willing to walk(I did and the guy played ball, he really needed money and the rifle was obscure). My favorite part though is talking to the old timers and LEOs/MIL people, great crowd and lots of info and laughs.

Ammo is usually more at the shows. As far as the M&P 15-22, it will prob be the same or only slightly cheaper than your LGS(local gun store). I recommend buying from a LGS that makes you feel comfortable and has reasonable prices. Establish a relationship with a LGS and you will be taken care of in the future and support your city at the same time, win win in my book. Good luck and welcome to firearms.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #13

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Many gun shows are nothing more than flea markets. There are some collectors shows without FFLs and no nothing vendors. It is much more likely that you will find good quality firearms at better prices at these shows. These shows are more often sponsored by arms collectors associations.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Ooo ok it like a Grown man dressing up like Gandolf, Darth Vader , Japanese animation character. Lol got it

Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I went to one in Sacramento a few months ago. Crossroads of the West or something like that. It wasn't terrible, but this was in the middle of the panic. The line for ammo literally went out the door. People were waiting n the ammo line for an hour or more, not sure if the caliber they needed would be sold out when they finally made it. Prices on ammo were what you'd expect during the height of the panic. Some were reasonable (for the times) but most were not.

The gun selection was good. I left with the exact gun I was looking for. An M&P9c, brand new. I paid right around $600 for it. So it as a decent price. Not too high or low.

Likes others have said, go and enjoy yourself. Don't think that just because you go, you HAVE to spend money. I think its just fun to look and sometimes handle the interesting firearms.

Last edited by JW357; 09-04-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly

Ooo ok it like a Grown man dressing up like Gandolf, Darth Vader , Japanese animation character. Lol got it
Not quite. To really understand (and get a bunch of laughs), when you have time, go read this:

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Old 09-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #17

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

I go to gun shows to look for odd ball stuff. I often look for barrels for my contender. I look for obscure brass. Try to find cheap bullets for reloading. Stuff like that. Everyone is looking for guns. When I find something that only I and the seller know what it is, I can often make a deal. Because they realize if I don't buy it they are taking it home.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
I went to one in Sacramento a few months ago. Crossroads of the West or something like that. It wasn't terrible, but this was in the middle of the panic. The line for ammo literally went out the door. People were waiting n the ammo line for an hour or more, not sure if the caliber they needed would be sold out when they finally made it. Prices on ammo were what you'd expect during the height of the panic. Some were reasonable (for the times) but most were not.

The gun selection was good. I left with the exact gun I was looking for. An M&P9c, brand new. I paid right around $600 for it. So it as a decent price. Not too high or low.

Likes others have said, go and enjoy yourself. Don't think that just because you go, you HAVE to spend money. I think its just fun to look and sometimes handle the interesting firearms.
Yeah that's what I payed for my M&P 9c. $618.

Waiting on my M&P 22.

Ok I think I'll just wait for the gun show in Modesto. Have to find out when that will be

Old 09-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #19

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

M&P 15-22s generally go for around $500 for the MOE version. Great rifle, fun to shoot. If you're new to firearms there is a wealth of info at shows, some BS and some priceless.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly

Yeah that's what I payed for my M&P 9c. $618.

Waiting on my M&P 22.

Ok I think I'll just wait for the gun show in Modesto. Have to find out when that will be
Is Modesto closer to you?

Heck, it might be worth going to both. You might get a good idea in pricing in Sacramento, and if you find the gun you want either snag it up or ask the vendor if he's gonna be in Modesto. No guarantee the same gun will be there, though. It could sell before then. But my point is, you find the gun in Sac, then go to the Modesto one and maybe you can find it cheaper. If not, maybe the first vendor will be in Modesto and might have the same gun again.

In other words, you can use the one in Sacramento to get an idea of pricing. And whatnot.