Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Gun prices (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/gun-prices-95345/)

Judge 08-13-2013 04:01 AM

Gun prices

Do you guys think handgun prices will increase, decrease or remain steady over the next 6-12 months? I ask because I just read an article on-line wherein the author thought prices would decrease a little bit (I find this difficult to believe). No hurry on answering this question...I'm just curious about your opinions.

MisterMcCool 08-13-2013 04:03 AM

I hope the prices have leveled.

Axxe55 08-13-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge (Post 1334084)
Do you guys think handgun prices will increase, decrease or remain steady over the next 6-12 months? I ask because I just read an article on-line wherein the author thought prices would decrease a little bit (I find this difficult to believe). No hurry on answering this question...I'm just curious about your opinions.

can't be sure. i'll get back to you when my crystal ball gets back from the repair shop!:eek:

it depends on too many variables to accurately predict and those variables can change in a very short period of time. supply and demand, economic climate, political climate, price of raw materials, ect.,,,,,,,

Judge 08-13-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
I hope the prices have leveled.

You think Sig prices will come down or have they remained about the same for the last several years? I'm new to Sigs so I don't have a foundation to guess.

hawkguy 08-13-2013 04:08 AM

i think we will see good firearm prices IF the powers that be leave well enough alone....

i think the lightly used market will reap the best rewards! i predict you will see a lot of folks dumping "panic buys" very soon, if not now....:)

ammo is another story, i seriously fear ammo will not fall back to pre panic prices...but that may be just my pessimistic viewpoint on the subject matter as of late....:mad:

ScottA 08-13-2013 04:09 AM

Supply and demand. Demand is waining, and supply is coming back to normal. I expect level to lower prices.

Anna_Purna 08-13-2013 04:10 AM

They may decrease a tiny bit to get closer to price-before-obama-scare-tactics, but we have 3 more years of this fool, and not only do they like not letting a natural occurring crisis go to waste, they also like manufacturing their own crisis's to keep the ball in their court. Have you noticed how about every other week we are in the middle of some major crisis, and if they (the politicians) don't act now, we will fall over the cliff? :rolleyes:

The next High TV ratings mass shooting will get the Gun debates going again.

Judge 08-13-2013 04:12 AM

Well, if you had $500-600 to spend, would you buy another handgun or use this money to buy ammo

Gatoragn 08-13-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge (Post 1334095)
Well, if you had $500-600 to spend, would you buy another handgun or use this money to buy ammo

That is a choice only the individual can make. I say just keep some $$$ available for a good buy if the opportunity arises, whether ammo or a new to you shooter.

hawkguy 08-13-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1334092)
Supply and demand. Demand is waining, and supply is coming back to normal. I expect level to lower prices.

right on! but firearms "supply & demand"...perhaps even more so than most other things... can change dramatically with a whisper overnight....as others have said...wait and see i guess...

but i'm with you...for right now it seems to be stabilizing again.

i have no plans for a new gun at this moment, so i'm not concerned with that...more concerned with the ammo supply & demand lately. imo, as long as you don't pay some outlandish marked up price on the secondary market....any gun you buy at a respectable price from a solid company will hold its value pretty well. if you take care of them, they are decent investments...

if only i could find a way to make ammo an investment....i must admit that is just burning money up....in one of the best ways possible of course! :D