Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun picked up in DUI situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
So basically you want the gun back and keep the 900?
this guy has had over a year to pay me that measly $50..Im sorry but if you dont make payments in the real world your items get repoed. He went out drinking and driving and had the property that "legally" is still mine (he never finished purchasing it) So yes...if i was able to get the firearm back then i feel like his lease is up.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questions View Post
this guy has had over a year to pay me that measly $50..Im sorry but if you dont make payments in the real world your items get repoed. He went out drinking and driving and had the property that "legally" is still mine (he never finished purchasing it) So yes...if i was able to get the firearm back then i feel like his lease is up.
It was no longer your property if he gave you money and left with it without signing paperwork saying he owed you.

Lesson learned you made a mistake not taking it all up front you aren't a bank and cant to repo anything(judge would tell you to pound sand). It is legally his and not yours.

You say DUI charge.. was he carrying the gun when it was confiscated?
If in the glovebox I doubt they will keep it for long as it isn't really related to the original charge. If he was carrying it while he was drunk that sounds like a new charge to me. Only reason to mention this is that you could buy it back for what he paid(900) and since he is facing some fines he may be strapped for cash.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #23

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I sold a car and a motorcycle on time to two different people. Had them sign an agreement and gave them a receipt every time for their payments with a current balance due. Had to go get both of 'em, but I got my property back.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #24

lesson learned.... I know this wont happen in the future.