Gun owner types - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun owner types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

ummmm, I think I'm between a 8 and 10 and my wife is the same. We only have a "few" guns, and few is relative, but we love to shoot them.

It's great to have a wife that loves the same things I do.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #42

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Very interesting thread but I'd never rate myself. That task is better left to those with unbiased opinions.

Exampe: Cane just rated himself at 5. I've been reading his comments for awhile now and though I'd personally never take a paint pen to a gun, I still would have rated him higher because I've never seen him speak of something he was not correct about.

There are roughly a dozen guys on this site who's opinions I'd value so if you feel like rating old Tack, feel free, you won't hurt my feelings.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #43

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captianfish View Post
I might be in the 4 or 5 range. Got my first gun 20 years ago. I currently own 6 semi-auto pistols, 2 revolvers, 1 shotgun, 8 rifles, 2 AK's and I have an AR-15 on order. I'm new to reloading. I'm working on increasing my ammo supply. I will be getting my carry permit this summer. I go target shooting 2+ times a month in the spring, summer, and fall. I hunt small and medium game. I do not compete or do any gunsmithing, but I take excellent care of my guns and clean them after shooting. There is always 2 loaded handguns in my house at all times.

If you rate yourself at 4-5 with your background & machinery then I must reevaluate myself at 5.
Based on your rating I would be a 2-3.

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #44

I would probably rate myself a 3, I own only one handgun and shoot about once a month (100-150rds). I carry my revolver everyday for work and have a ccw/cpl license. I would definately like to buy some more handguns. I really like the 1911 platform as well and the sigsauer and lately the xd, it seems the guns I like are popular on the forum as well. I know my knowledge will vastly improve here.