Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun owner types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1039 Times on 614 Posts
Likes Given: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
What is the rank of someone who no longer has any guns because of the FTF Cruise?
Pretty sure that means you add 10 to whatever you think your score would be.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Although all this is my passion, I havent joined the NRA or GOA
Here's a simple way to join the NRA for free for a year:

NRA - Join the NRA - Bonus Offer

Don't wait. Do it now. Have your friends join too!

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #23

Liked 83 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I guess I would be a 10+++.

Jim.......

Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would put myself at about an eight I own use and reload for 9 mm 45acp 357 mag 44 mag 36 cal 1851 navey, and two 22s a rugar mark II gov target and a Victor highstandard. I have a CCP for 38 States but here in Canada we are not realy allowed to protect our selves. We have 911 dial a prayer. No one here can carry unless you are Police.
I gunsmith my own guns I reload for all that I can I even pour lead for most of my Guns.
We have compettions at our club once a month. They vary from military shoots to hangun ,22 varmint and born trigger. Which I am a range officer. and just getting my saftey officer range level.
F.K.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #25

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

My friend thinks I'm a 10 because when I shoot his 22 WRM rifle I put bullets through bullet holes on a target and because I have a love for handguns. As for my own thoughts 5+. I've handloaded for years due to the cost of .44 mag ammo. If I had money to buy every time I went into a gunshop or saw ads in the local newspaper for guns I'd like then I'd probably own more weapons than I have space to store them. Definately don't shoot as much as I'd like or need to do. So effectively I'm in the 10 area but due to curcumstances probably closer to 3. With Oregon and Utah ccw licenses I carry where I legally can and am seldom without a weapon on or near. The reality is I'm whatever you may think I am, I like to keep people guessing, it gives me the upper hand. P.S. My friend can't understand why I need any more than one handgun, he says I can only shoot one at a time, I just tell him "Why shouldn't I have as many as I want?" "Different weapons for different purposes."

Last edited by Viking; 04-13-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used to have a number of guns until that dang FTF cruise. However, I rated myself BC. (before cruise)

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #27

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

A note to the FTF "cruisers": I heard if you're nice to Jack, he'll swim out to the "trench", then hold his breath long enough to dive down and retrieve your 'lost" goodies. Gotta be real nice and sincere though....

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 AM   #28

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1671

I really don't know where I'd rate myself. On the one hand, I've been shooting since I was 10 (Daisy BB gun then, graduated to a Westernfield semi-auto .22 rifle a couple of years later), currently own 5 rifles (6 counting the 1866 Enfield), 4 shotguns, and 2 handguns (.44 mag and .45 ACP), and hunt deer every chance I get. On the other hand, I don't often hit the range, preferring to plink in my own woods, and I don't reload or do any smithing. I took the class and shot the requisite 50 rounds to get a cc permit, but never followed through with the paperwork. So rate me as you will, because I don't know.

I did recently rejoin the NRA after a lapse of a few years, and I am planning on getting my ccp this year.

Btw, I think I know, but not completely sure - what is an FTF 'cruise'?

Last edited by buckhuntr; 04-14-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Added a question

Old 04-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I used to have a number of guns until that dang FTF cruise. However, I rated myself BC. (before cruise)
I may sound ingnorant but what is a "FTF cruise"?
Thanks F.K.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #30

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
I may sound ingnorant but what is a "FTF cruise"?
Thanks F.K.
Many of us that used to own guns went on a forum sponsored cruise ship and all the guns fell overboard...