Gun makers innovation. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun makers innovation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 11:44 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2033 Times on 1395 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
You and I have vastly different results in our guns. In another thread you stated that Lone Wolf kits screwed the balance on Glocks, I have a Lone Wolf barrel for my 20 (no kit) and no one here can tell any change except the recoil and the price of ammo. As far as my Rossi it was smoother DA than the Colt that I still have possibly because of the six holes in the Colt cylinder. If you enjoy your Hi Points that's great but I hated shooting them, women usually can't pull the slide back and if the right grip panel gets loose they won't fire.
Many people don't really care if a handgun is balanced. I own a Glock myself. I use it for what it was designed to do. It is a rough and tumble combat accurate handgun. But the G19 feels like it has a double recoil to me. If you add a thicker, heavier barrel to an already top heavy gun it is not going to improve the situation.

If the lock up on a Colt sounds the same as a Rossi to you I would strongly suggest you see an audiologist. When I pull the hammer back on a colt all I hear is a click. When I pull the hammer back on a Rossi I hear springs stretching, parts moving, everything except the gun locking up. If the hand is out of time on a Colt I would know it before I ever fired the gun. If a Rossi is damaged I cannot pull the hammer back and hear it. If you can live with that it is your money.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-21-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #22

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
You and I have vastly different results in our guns. In another thread you stated that Lone Wolf kits screwed the balance on Glocks, I have a Lone Wolf barrel for my 20 (no kit) and no one here can tell any change except the recoil and the price of ammo. As far as my Rossi it was smoother DA than the Colt that I still have possibly because of the six holes in the Colt cylinder. If you enjoy your Hi Points that's great but I hated shooting them, women usually can't pull the slide back and if the right grip panel gets loose they won't fire.
I am sorry but there is no way a Rossi is smoother than a Colt. Rossis are rougher than hell. They may work but that is about all that they do.IMHO they are one step above a pot metal Saturday nite special.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #23

Liked 113 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
I am sorry but there is no way a Rossi is smoother than a Colt. Rossis are rougher than hell. They may work but that is about all that they do.IMHO they are one step above a pot metal Saturday nite special.
I know little about Rossi in general, I had a very nice little pump .22 and the Rossi by Taurus came from the better half. The guns I had were not pot metal or rough as hell. That said I have gone completely name brand as far as handguns for the reasons I posted earlier. I own Colts from the 80's and 90's and they were nothing to brag about as sold new. I took a nasty plastic trigger out of a 1991A1, and the metal pill in my Delta wasn't much better. Both had plastic mainspring housings and the Delta needed a custom link to lock up properly. It also needed a recoil reducing guide rod and variable Wolff spring. Did I mention that both guide rods were also plastic? The Dick special I picked up is probably from the early 80s and it's nice enough but it is abrupt in DA fire. We compared it to the Rossi 952 and a Taurus 85 and think it's just the extra round in the cylinder that really isn't much larger than the five shots in the other guns. Good luck with your Hi Points, like I posted earlier you guys must get different guns than I do.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.