Gun makers innovation. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gun makers innovation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Gun makers innovation.

Also, some of the "Mid -Level/Cost" guns are being discounted a bit. My LC9 was $400 2 years ago, and Listed for. $450. Now you can get them as low as. $329. The Entire SR line from Ruger is 12-20% less then at first release. Only Kel-Tec's for some strange reason, are selling well above MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-18-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #12

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
well actually, the Hi-Point is almost as good as the Glock as far as function.

but i would never carry a Hi-Point simply because it's top heavy and makes for a poor carrying gun, while a Glock is made to carry.

i hope the OP understands that there is a huge difference between cheap and inexpensive.

cheap means just that, cheap and usually of poor quality and full of potential problems an very seldom is going to last for a long period of time.

inexpensive means quality without a high price tag. well made but not priced to the point that the average person can't afford it.

i'll buy an inexpensive firearm, but i won't under any circustances buy a cheap firearm.
Well, I guess there is a similarity between Hi Points and Glocks....The 380 Hi Point I shot kicked almost the same as my Glock 20 loaded with silvertips.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #13

Seriously folks, my last four former handguns were all Tauri. None were junk but all three autos had problems getting good mags, the other a Rossi by Taurus was almost new so there were no issues with it. There was also not a good selection of quality concealment holsters. I finally ended up with 2 Glocks and mommas Springfield XDsc as our modern carry guns. No matter if I like the looks or really think they are worth the money, having a wide source of supply for mags and parts and designs that have been used hard in a variety of roles make them an obvious choice. None of them make me as happy as my P35 but there won't be any ugly ass light mounted to either of those so Glock I am..
Old 05-19-2014, 01:51 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i wonder if there is a mall in search of their ninja somewhere?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #15

Liked 1332 Times on 892 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Yeah, I have owned a Hi Point. It worked OK. I have never owned a Glock, but I would never call those 2 equal.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #16

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I own both Glocks and Hi Points. I carry a Glock because it is a 15 shot gun with a 4" barrel you can pocket carry. Hi Points make good truck guns or a night stand gun. To someone with a limited income the Hi Point can be a Godsend. Not everyone can afford $600 for a pocket toy.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I own both Glocks and Hi Points. I carry a Glock because it is a 15 shot gun with a 4" barrel you can pocket carry. Hi Points make good truck guns or a night stand gun. To someone with a limited income the Hi Point can be a Godsend. Not everyone can afford $600 for a pocket toy.
I just sold a Rossi by Taurus 38 snub in stainless for 200.00 It was like new. There are decent guns at decent prices you just have to ask folks and be willing to look.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i wonder if there is a mall in search of their ninja somewhere?
I know what a Hi Point is....know what a Glock is....what's a mall?

Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #19

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
I just sold a Rossi by Taurus 38 snub in stainless for 200.00 It was like new. There are decent guns at decent prices you just have to ask folks and be willing to look.
You couldn't give a Rossi revolver to me. I can't stand the lock up on a Rossi. You can't tell if a Rossi has a problem because it sounds like it is broke before you ever fire it.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
You couldn't give a Rossi revolver to me. I can't stand the lock up on a Rossi. You can't tell if a Rossi has a problem because it sounds like it is broke before you ever fire it.
You and I have vastly different results in our guns. In another thread you stated that Lone Wolf kits screwed the balance on Glocks, I have a Lone Wolf barrel for my 20 (no kit) and no one here can tell any change except the recoil and the price of ammo. As far as my Rossi it was smoother DA than the Colt that I still have possibly because of the six holes in the Colt cylinder. If you enjoy your Hi Points that's great but I hated shooting them, women usually can't pull the slide back and if the right grip panel gets loose they won't fire.