Which Gun...To the dying end? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which Gun...To the dying end?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Self defence is all about the vibrant living. The end of old age, one protects what exactly?

The scene from Troy, where old ruler sneaks into the attacking army's tent with no weapons is more realistic in many ways.

If you fight for nothing at the end, maybe you fought for nothing your whole life?

All responces should be measured and approximate.

I should hope my last moments would not be contemplating or preparing for the demise of others, but rather the joys that have filled my life. I hope my final hour is spent as far as possible from law and order issues that consume our lives, and I can settle into the dust at peace with myself, and everyone else.
In life, I act responsibly with my G20, and in death, I will have place my firearms into other responsible hands to continue on my traditions.

Under my pillow? How about a photo of my Mother. That will be all the protection and comfort I will require.
Perhaps it can be used to defend one's dignity. At that age it gets to be difficult for one to do so. I know, as I have sat by while life has slipped away on more than one occasion.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1082 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 81

I choose my Springfield Armory 1911-A1 hands down. Been shooting it for 10 years and is one of many pistols I own, but is my favorite. When I turned 21 and was legally able to purchase a handgun it was the first one I bought. I've got it in the shop right now for a few upgrades and new coating. Can't wait to get it back!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 02-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #43

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Right now, today, I would probably go with my old well worn Beretta 92G or my Smith & Wesson 4506-1. Both have tuned triggers and are exceptionally accurate. And both can also be used as impact weapons if need be.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #44

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I would have to go with my heritage arms single action six shooter with the 22 mag cylinder in it. My dad bought it for me at a gun show when I was 13 and I plan on it being the gun I teach my son to shoot with first. But as for when I die I wana go at a hundred miles an hour with my weiner in my hand. Just seems like it would be fun.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #45

Liked 2014 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 1344

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #46

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post

Bob Wright
Bob,
You've got a nice looking gun! I wish I knew what it was. I know more what it is not - by looking at it.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #47

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

For me, it would be my forever simple and reliable Colt Trooper 357. If that became too heavy, then it would fall to its lighter weight cousin ... Ruger LCR 38. Either would work.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 796

Ruger P95 because it's not worth a lot and the 9mm +P loads have virtually no recoil. 15 rounds should be enough to hit something even with parkinson's disease.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #49
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9629

Out of my collection I would have to say my 6 inch Ruger GP100 loaded with Glasers. It was my dad's first handgun, and when I got my permit it became my first. It has served my family well for over 25 years, and I would trust it to the end.

Now if it was any gun in the family collection, I would be honored to keep my grandfather's 4 inch Colt Python by me at the end. He bought it when the NY State Police phased out the .45 Colts in favor of the .38 Specials. After having to shoot a deer 5 times to end it's suffering, he wanted something bigger. So he went and talked to a local gunsmith, and left with the smith's personal gun. The only thing he had added is a trigger shoe to widen the surface area of the trigger to lessen trigger pull. He carried it for 22 years, and it never failed him once. It would be an honor to have his service pistol with me when I reach the clearing at the end of the path.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #50

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Pictures? This sounds like a wonderful arm. Mag capacity!?
I got the laser but haven't mounted it yet. Here's a pic from Crimson Trace:

And here is the pistol it's going on.