Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which Gun...To the dying end?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Self defence is all about the vibrant living. The end of old age, one protects what exactly?

The scene from Troy, where old ruler sneaks into the attacking army's tent with no weapons is more realistic in many ways.

If you fight for nothing at the end, maybe you fought for nothing your whole life?

All responces should be measured and approximate.

I should hope my last moments would not be contemplating or preparing for the demise of others, but rather the joys that have filled my life. I hope my final hour is spent as far as possible from law and order issues that consume our lives, and I can settle into the dust at peace with myself, and everyone else.
In life, I act responsibly with my G20, and in death, I will have place my firearms into other responsible hands to continue on my traditions.

Under my pillow? How about a photo of my Mother. That will be all the protection and comfort I will require.
Dude stop trolling. These threads are for entertainment purposes. You have killed the fun in every thread I've seen you in. 1. You disrespected an American hero. 2. You always try to pick a fight. You seem to act like you know better than everybody else. 3. You have no respect for the members of this forum and the knowledge they bring to the table. You sir (although I doubt that's applicable) have lost all of my respect.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Self defence is all about the vibrant living. The end of old age, one protects what exactly?

The scene from Troy, where old ruler sneaks into the attacking army's tent with no weapons is more realistic in many ways.

If you fight for nothing at the end, maybe you fought for nothing your whole life?

All responces should be measured and approximate.

I should hope my last moments would not be contemplating or preparing for the demise of others, but rather the joys that have filled my life. I hope my final hour is spent as far as possible from law and order issues that consume our lives, and I can settle into the dust at peace with myself, and everyone else.
In life, I act responsibly with my G20, and in death, I will have place my firearms into other responsible hands to continue on my traditions.

Under my pillow? How about a photo of my Mother. That will be all the protection and comfort I will require.

I guess I can't totally disagree. But, being a survivour of a world war - who knows what he had seen? He also lived and died in a three family house in a rough hood and two streets over from a really rough city. I got the impression that gun slept with him for many years. In good and bad health. Apparently he never wanted to be a victim regardless.
S&W K-38 .38spcl, S&W 19-3, S&W 60, Sig P228

Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #23

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

No-one wants to be a victim Rampco. But not everyone is willing even to stick up for themselves. Certainly not anymore. In a wimpified country. Take AR10 there for example...

Old 02-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #24

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

I could choose 3 to get rid of, but not just one to keep. One is never enough!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
No-one wants to be a victim Rampco. But not everyone is willing even to stick up for themselves. Certainly not anymore. In a wimpified country. Take AR10 there for example...

I pulled the trigger (12x) back in 96. The bg got hit 3x but survived (through a vehicle) At the time I did what I had to do. Period. I got sued (through my dept) But, in the end I won cause I did nothing wrong. And I'm still alive!

That's just the game of life and if somebody is not willing to play, then I don't know what to say, other than: you can't go around all the time, scared you're gonna get in trouble for protecting yourself. That's a real bad way to be. Apparently the old Vet got it right.

I too, when it's my time, wanna die from natural causes. Goes for my family too - if I can help it.
S&W K-38 .38spcl, S&W 19-3, S&W 60, Sig P228
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It will be my 1911!

USMC 86-94
SEMPER FI

Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5077 Times on 2888 Posts
Likes Given: 4243

It will be my EDC. SIG P226, 9MM loaded with 127 +P+ Ranger."T"

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #28

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampco88 View Post
...I got sued (through my dept) But...
Criminals who sue like that should get double their sentence if they lose. If their family sues they get the sentence their "he was a good boy" should have gotten. And cops caught lying should get the sentence they were trying to see someone else get.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #29

Liked 385 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

GP100 loaded w/ .357 Mag. if I am too weak via illness then my Security Six loaded w/ .38 spc JHP

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

For me it would have to be my Beretta 96A1 (.40 S&W)