Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Gun Butter (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/gun-butter-21259/)

Rodmaker 12-18-2009 10:58 PM

Gun Butter

Did a search to see if there were any discussions on Gun Butter. Just received a free sample of this stuff and wanted to see if anybody has used it and what the results were? Thanks in advance.

cpttango30 12-18-2009 11:10 PM

Gun butter or Bore butter?

Rodmaker 12-18-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 201423)
Gun butter or Bore butter?

Side of the tube said Gun Butter. They have a web site but I am picky about what I use on my guns. I may give it a try and let you know.

Westy 12-19-2009 12:19 AM

Never heard of it?

enderwig 12-19-2009 12:29 AM

How did you come upon this free sample? I've been wanting to give it a shot before buying and paying shipping. Never used though, so I can't help yo there :rolleyes:

canebrake 12-19-2009 12:40 AM

2 if's;

If it's for use on a 1911, and if it's grease-like, DON'T!

You can buy all the fancy new tech lubes/greases but most are developed in the fishing lure school of design.

That school of thought is to design the product to catch the fisherman, not the fish!

My only gun lube diversion from my old-school Rem Oil is a qt. of Mobil One. The two along with a religious regiment of maintenance will serve you well.

cpttango30 12-19-2009 01:33 AM

I used to use rem oil till I found moly grease. Now that is all I use rem oil goes in the bore for storage.

Flint Rock 12-19-2009 01:48 AM

Gun Butter is the only lube I now use for my guns. The tubes of it that I use have the small, almost needle like, tip that help me put the lube exactly where I want it.
The first batch of it I got was also a free sample. Nighthawk Custom ships one tube of it with a new gun. If it is good enough for Nighthawk, it's good enough for me:cool:.

Rodmaker 12-19-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enderwig (Post 201472)
How did you come upon this free sample? I've been wanting to give it a shot before buying and paying shipping. Never used though, so I can't help yo there :rolleyes:

I just bought a new holster from Tucker Gunleather and they sent the sample to me with the holster.

Rodmaker 12-19-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 201474)
2 if's;

If it's for use on a 1911, and if it's grease-like, DON'T!

You can buy all the fancy new tech lubes/greases but most are developed in the fishing lure school of design.

That school of thought is to design the product to catch the fisherman, not the fish!

My only gun lube diversion from my old-school Rem Oil is a qt. of Mobil One. The two along with a religious regiment of maintenance will serve you well.

Agreed, I have a tackle box full of those kinds of lures. LOL :D
Rem oil is my favorite and I have found Slip 2000 gun lube and Militec1 to be very good also.