Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Gun Belts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/gun-belts-38580/)

FCross7 02-17-2011 02:25 AM

Gun Belts

So say you have been using crappy belts up to this point, but have finally decided to get a good gun belt. This belt will be used mostly for CC. Who's belt would you get? So far I've been looking at The Belt Man, Milt Sparks and Crossbreed. The only experience I've had with any of these companies is a SuperTuck Deluxe, which i a phenomenal holster.

Price aside, is there one maker you would go with over the others, or are of these belts fairly comparable?

Thanks for any info.

-Fred

dallascj 02-17-2011 04:08 AM

Crossbreed also makes and sells gun belts. They are super-stout and very thick. It would be a good match up to your Supertuck.

Dzscubie 02-17-2011 04:11 AM

Glasshartt makes an awsome belt for everyday wear.

Scubie :cool:

M14sRock 02-17-2011 04:41 AM

Tough to beat Milt Sparks, or Ted Blocker.

freefall 02-17-2011 05:37 AM

Is Ted Blocker still in business? I bought an IWB holster from him at least 15 years ago, haven't really heard of him since.

Jay 02-17-2011 10:51 AM

I bought a Wild Bill's belt at a gun show many years ago, and it still does it' job nicely. If memory serves, it was around $50.

Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters | Gun Belts | Accessories | Packages

FCross7 02-17-2011 02:43 PM

Thanks guys, I'll give Ted Blocker and Wild Bills a look as well. At this point, I'm not really seeing much of a difference from one maker to another, and they all seem to make an extremely nice gun belt.

I'm thinking about going for a 1.5", but I have a question. Do you guys like a gun belt with the insert or stiffener, or whatever it's called, or just a good thick leather belt?

-Fred

Sniper03 02-17-2011 02:48 PM

Do any of the companies mentioned above also make leather holsters and Belts for a S&W Model 27-2 5" Barrel.

Wish I could locate my first duty holster in brown basket weave. It was made by William Clark Leather out of Pendleton IN. That would be a needle in the haystack locate after all these years. Stupid me! I sold it with the first 27 I had.
*Just Dreaming on this one!!!!

M14sRock 02-17-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freefall (Post 447343)
Is Ted Blocker still in business? I bought an IWB holster from him at least 15 years ago, haven't really heard of him since.

When they moved from SoCal to Oregon, Ken took over the biz from his dad. - Ted Blocker Holsters

I have some TB holsters that were edc for 20 years and are still going strong.

Jay 02-17-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7 (Post 447485)

I'm thinking about going for a 1.5", but I have a question. Do you guys like a gun belt with the insert or stiffener, or whatever it's called, or just a good thick leather belt?

-Fred

I've not had a belt with a stiffener... always used just a thick leather belt.