Originally Posted by Jpyle
The answer is muzzle energy...the round with the bigger number wins...
Right, velocity and weight. But they won't meet in the middle according to the premise. The faster one travels a greater distance, so how can you accurately account for velocity loss over distance travelled. Change the premise to same distance travelled and time out the firings of the rounds and compensate for energy lost due to drag.
I don't wanna make the op nuts over this, but if you wanna be scientific about it...
1. Formulate a hypothesis
2. Run tests that will prove or disprove the hypothesis
3. Record the datum
4. Objectively report based on nothing but scientific data
5. Proclaim proof of genius or idiocy
6. Re-run tests because you just wanna
7. Proclaim otherwise as to your prior claim of idiocy
8. Manipulate the data to support your claim of genius
9. Ignore claims of otherwise
10. Enjoy only 1 term as the 44th POTUS