Got a nice surprise in the mail - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Got a nice surprise in the mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

rossi's are nice i had the 2" 357 and i liked it alot, but only reason i would buy a wheel gun with that size of a barrel would be for deer hunting. if i were you id go with the 1911, like sb said they are very dependable and if your like me and love to add upgrades and change out parts the 1911 is the way to go

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It seems just a tad overpriced for the Springfield 1911 but still a solid gun for decent price,you really can't go wrong with it. As to the used Redhawk stainless .44 for 390$-it's such a good deal if you don't get it I'd be interested in it myself-HUGE Redhawk fan/owner here. The Gp100 is also an excellent .357,as is all Ruger revolvers. NOW as to the Rossi-Yes they have came a long way in quality in recent years BUT, it's WAYY Below Ruger in quality, design strength, and construction. You would be a LOT better off with 1 of the Rugers if set on revolver. The reason I say this-I've worked on a lot of revolvers, and Rossi has the most rough interior parts and tool marks of ANY brand of revolvers I've seen, except for junk such as RG and the like. Sure they can be skicked up, but it's going to take a lot more than a simple action job to do so. Also it's .38 special and not .357. Bottom line-get either the 1911 or 1 of the Rugers and forget the Rossi. For the same price, the Rugers are an MUCH better deal. And YES, I DO know exactly what I'm talking about as I've done hundreds of revolvers of all kinds.

I found something called the Ruger GP-100 .357 with a really long barrel forget the length....for I believe 350 used.
My pic came out horrible so I'm not going to post it for this one.

Then a new black with rubber grip Rossi .38 Special

350 bucks....I'm a fan of Wheel guns....the family wouldrather have .357 though since it can also shoot .38....but the Rossi...man something about it I like....seems to be a real simple revolver......

Then a used RedHawk .44 Magnum with wooden funky cool grips that peak my interest.

for 390.

I'm probably going to lean toward the wheel gun...the Rossi really looks good to me any info guys?[/QUOTE]

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

So RedHawk it is right?

It's used....and it has some funky wooden grip I like that looks like it would curve into my hand.

I then I mean...I could start talking like Dirty Harry with it....even though it's not a model 29

Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #24

I love Redhawks. Not only are they so strong it almost takes an act of congress to hurt 1, but also the Redhawk features unique lockwork where the mainspring, and trigger return spring, is 1 spring-same spring performs both operations. Try the double action on it, you'll be suprized how light and smooth it is. Then imagine how much better it would be with an Wolff spring kit-you don't have to do anything else to it, with exception of putting an Hogue rubber Monogrip on it. The .44 magnum MAY be too powerful for you, but you can also shoot .44 special out of it. I ASSURE you you'll be able to handle the recoil on that heavy revolver-ESPECIALLY if you install the excellent Hogue rubber grip on it. They are a lot of revolver for the price. You'll be able to deer hunt with it. If you're wanting something for plinking and defense only, you can't go wrong with the 1911. There's good reason the 1911 is not only still around, but getting more popular even today. I prefer steel framed 1911s as they'll outlast you, while being only a few ounces heavier than aluminum framed versions.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Well we have plenty of guns now for home defense....and I just like the look of the Redhawk....and then since it can use 44 Special I could possibly (hopefully not) carry it some day.

I think the grip is a wooden Hogue Grip on it as you can see.....we'll be getting it tomorrow then and I'd like to have a wheel gun and one that I can hunt with too....and use for Self Defense as a last resort if need be.

So 390's a good price then eh? I'll pay cash for it and with tax it may come down 20-50 dollars so I'm looking to spend exactly that on it....

Hopefully it's still there tomorrow....if not then I'll just get the other one....they had another Redhawk...but it was brand new...but I like used revolvers most of the time...and since your saying this can be customized to all hell....then the family can just repair it in the future to be a super Revolver.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #26

I'd be extremely suprized if it EVER needed actual repair work. They're THAT strong.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

More reason to buy one then.

It's more money than I wanted to spend on a family revolver but at least then I can't start talking like Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear...even though he uses a Colt SAA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sny3RfMYMU

Old 01-08-2009, 03:00 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I'M SO FARKING PISSED! I made sure to check to see if the .44 magnum for the family was still there...and sadly it was gone...just from 1 day of being there....I told my brother if we wanted a .44 magnum Redhawk he should get it today...but he didn't....ah well.

Now it's down to the other Ruger with a longer barrel in .357 for 390 used or the New Rossi for 350. I'm probably going with the Rossi as I like the 4 inch barrel myself...and the grip is phenomenal.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I found a pick for that GP100 they had

It's the 6 inch model like this I think

390 used...the family might get that.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Not sure I like Rock Island...but dang those are cheap for 1911s....

Any good news about them?
My son's had one for a couple of years;put many, many rounds down range. It eats anything he feeds it with no mishaps. And they've got just about the best customer service around. Lot of gun for a little $$.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...