Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Got a nice surprise in the mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Got a nice surprise in the mail

I semi work for an online corporation and I get some checks in the mail sometime from them called 'staff rewards' It really a volunteer sort of thing but it's a nice bonus for our hard work on the site.

Well today I got a nice extra 325 dollars from there just randomly.....now two things crossed my mind.....one was "WHEEEEEEEE" The other.....got to get a new gun for the family.

I'm thinking a pistol....was thinking 1911 but the Kimber I was looking at for 550 turned out to be a fixer upper...it was an Original first production Custom.....worn the crap out.

Now I'm thinking that I need to get the family a CZ 82 or some other type of good pistol...I really like the CZ 82 and right now I have a connection with a C and R guy so....bammo probably only 200 bucks in the pan.....but.....I'm thinking maybe some type of .45

Just to lay a few ground specs to your possible other suggestions....I do not want .40 Good caliber but I don't like it myself....I'd rather go with 9mm or .45

Now one guy I absolutely love now that I got to shoot one.....a Dan Wesson Revolver....good god....the trigger was like butter...and the hammer was like ice on salt..it burned into my flesh. But anyway....those are pretty pricy lol.

Anyway what do you think? I'm going in the Navy soon I hope and I'll probably just get a pistol for the family that's cheap but reliable enough to not be trash. Something for fun and defense of the homestead...and yes I already have a shotgun so well....we need Moar guns.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Just to lay a few ground specs to your possible other suggestions....I do not want .40 Good caliber but I don't like it myself....I'd rather go with 9mm or .45
Try these:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119807907
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119729732
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119492917
cb

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #3

Not sure I like Rock Island...but dang those are cheap for 1911s....

Any good news about them?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'd watch your local newspaper's classifieds. As the economy gets worse, there will be many more guns put up for sale. I sold mine off for $500 a week or so ago. I also let 500 rounds of 230 gr. Blazer Brass ammo go with it. Watch for deals, they're out there.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

How about a Bersa/Firestorm? They are pretty decent pistols, the warranty in Argentina is fantastic (they are made here) and from what I've heard it's pretty good in the US as well.

They are basic guns, but quite reliable and durable. I've tried their .40 and .380 models, they worked well.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've heard nothing but good about those Rock Island Armory 1911. Found one for $325, but it was a little far for me to drive to. Texas is a big state, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I'd watch your local newspaper's classifieds. As the economy gets worse, there will be many more guns put up for sale. I sold mine off for $500 a week or so ago. I also let 500 rounds of 230 gr. Blazer Brass ammo go with it. Watch for deals, they're out there.

Geeze. Thanks for posting that baby on the forum first

Old 01-04-2009, 03:09 AM   #7

God I would have given you 550 for that....

*edit

Oh and Bersa....while I love the trigger pull....although a bit toyee....they are way to inaccurate for me to even think of buying one....I'd rather have 9 Mark instead of .380.

Other people like them...so do I...but I want something less gimicky.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 01-04-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 AM   #8

Holy Battletoads!

I just looked at some classifieds....look at this....I'm curious on this one.

http://classifieds.al.com/Merch?orig_prop=al.com&temp_type=detail&category=d etail&tp=ME_bama&property=al.com&classification=cl assifieds&allclassifieds=yes&keywords=Gun&_AC=39&a d_id=242468675&pg=2

450 for an AR and 475 for a Vector AK?....Must be air rifles lol.....there can't be someone selling them for that......if that's the case I'm going to get that AK instead....

http://classifieds.al.com/Merch?orig_prop=al.com&temp_type=detail&category=d etail&tp=ME_bama&property=al.com&classification=cl assifieds&allclassifieds=yes&keywords=Gun&_AC=39&a d_id=241507488&pg=3

And then that Kimber.....hmmm.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 01-04-2009 at 03:42 AM.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:44 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Keep in mind that there are at least two or three Rock Island Arms Company. One is in Illinois and the other is in the Philippine Islands. The one in the Philippines Islands does a lot of work for Charles Daly & Company. So if you get a Rock Island .45 it could come from either place.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Geeze. Thanks for posting that baby on the forum first
I went to a really good friend. I'm hoping that he's a good enough friend to let me buy it back.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.