Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Got a Good Gun Week Coming Up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
I can finally pick up the Sig P226 on Tuesday.
Must...have...range report...and peektures.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” J. Cooper

Old 05-09-2010, 03:43 AM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

We want photos of the Sig when you get it out of Kalie jail.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll post pics, but they won't be pretty. The pistol has holster wear and my photographic skills are minimal. But I'll do 'er.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2658 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackg View Post
I really don't see me at 61 years old trying to learn how to fit a 1911:-) That's why I'm so impressed that you took up the challenge. Besides that Bob is one of the best and a true gentleman to do business with.
Maybe you can help me understand something, last week Bob told me that my gun just went to "Ion Bond", are you familiar with how long this process takes & could you estimate when it might be done based on that info?
Some people enjoy crosswords, sudoku, or something else to keep the mind active. I enjoy 1911's. They may be basically the same, but each is different.

I am not aware of "Ion Bond" (guessing it is protection of metal). If that is the case, I would guess a lot of head way has already been made on your firearm. Good luck!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Part one is down. The Mark III came back from Ruger service today.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The Sig is home and cleaned and lubed. Pics in another thread.