Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Good women's 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
I'll be driving for a while lol. As I posted in another thread earlier, all our local gun shops either hate young people, or they will only help you if you look rich enough to buy the store. A YOUNG FEMALE and YOUNG MALE, we may as well be a mixed race couple in the 1960s in Birmingham, AL.
That is just wrong. If they really support the shooting sports you are exactly the type of people they need to encourage... especially your fiance! No offense against you, but getting a young female interested in shooting? That's a no-brainer.

Do them a favor. Take your money somewhere else. Then take in the receipt and tell them exactly how they lost the sale.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #52

Liked 28 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
That is just wrong. If they really support the shooting sports you are exactly the type of people they need to encourage... especially your fiance! No offense against you, but getting a young female interested in shooting? That's a no-brainer.

Do them a favor. Take your money somewhere else. Then take in the receipt and tell them exactly how they lost the sale.
There is a gun shop that I stop at once in a while, but I only go there to handle their inventory and see what I like. I haven't bought a gun there in years because of how the owner treated me. One day many years ago I was in there and the owner was working the gun counter. I was looking at a Beretta 92. I had recently bought one at a different store and was thinking of picking up another. I asked if his price was the best he could do? I told him I had bought one for $150 less a few days before. Even though the store was full of customers, he got very upset and started calling me a liar. He told me he couldn't even get them from his supplier for that. Which I new was bull because he has a gun distributer business that he runs out of the same store front. I took the receipt out of my wallet and handed it to him. After he read it, he just balled it up, threw it at me and stormed away. When I walked out, six or eight other people set the gun they were looking at down and walked out also. Now I just go in there to handle his toys to see what I like.

Jim Richards
Minnesota Based Field Man for Alkali International Corp.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #53

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

Oh trust me, I do. I do just like the other guy said...I go in to check out guns and see how they feel. If I decide I want one, I go to gunbroker or armslist. I hate to be that way since I know the online stuff is killing these mom & pop shops but they brought it on themselves. The only thing I buy from them is ammo since they have more ammo than pretty much anybody else around, and usually for some decent deals. And let's be honest, with ammo prices/shortages like there are, I'm not gonna cut off my nose to spite my face.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #54

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Anybody ever heard of mixing ammo with a .380? I just looked up a review of the Hornady Critical Defense 90gr .380 ammo and a lot of people were staying their last round or 2 in the magazine is a buffalo bore FMJ. Is there anything special about that particular round or do people just sometimes add FMJ's to the bottom of their magazine for personal defense reasons?