Good women's 9mm? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Good women's 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ
With respect to the trigger reset on the Taurus, it looks like you're experiencing the 2nd strike feature. If you have a FTF, you can pull the trigger again and try and fire the round again. But it is a longer double action motion. I like that feature because every FTF I've ever experienced on a 9MM was light primer strikes. In a self defense or struggle situation, if you have a FTF, you probably don't have a hand free or he luxury to rack the slide and put another round in the chamber. That feature allows you to keep pulling the trigger in case the primer just needs to be hit again. If you were to pull the trigger and hold it back while at the same time rack the slide, THEN let the trigger out until it resets, I think you'll find it's comparable to the M&P. You probably never noticed it while shooting because the bullet is racking the slide for you, and the recoil of the gun made you not pay as much attention to the reset of the trigger. I know that's something I rarely pay attention to while shooting.
You could be right. I knew about the second strike feature, and that is nice. I thought I had racked the slide while holding the trigger to the rear, but now I can't remember. I'll test it again tonight.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #42

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I think of all the small 9mm guns today that it is hard to beat the Sig P938. They come with a great set of night sights and they shoot great. I use either a Remora holster or the Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Solo.

image-260095919.jpg

image-4245065076.jpg

image-1867434941.jpg

Old 07-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #43

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

You could be right. I knew about the second strike feature, and that is nice. I thought I had racked the slide while holding the trigger to the rear, but now I can't remember. I'll test it again tonight.
Ok. And again, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything. There's a lot of guns people don't like that I like and I respect that just like there's a lot of guns people like that I don't like. But I would be curious to know to save me the trouble of finding out for myself the hard way lol.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ
Ok. And again, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything. There's a lot of guns people don't like that I like and I respect that just like there's a lot of guns people like that I don't like. But I would be curious to know to save me the trouble of finding out for myself the hard way lol.
No problem. I checked it the reset on it again tonight. It's absolutely the same reset when you're doing the double strike feature vs when you do an actual reset check. So, the picture is valid.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #45

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaJim
If price is a consideration, the SAR line imported by EAA seam to be decent qualiity firearms.

If size is your concern, small pocket pistols like the Ruger LC9 or S&W Sheild might be the way to go in the sub compact area. Glock, Sprinfield, and S&W make mid-sized guns. Larger full sized guns include brands like Sig, Beretta, And Glock.

I find trying to research out handguns for someone else is a lot easier if you take them to a gun store that has a wide selection they can handle to see what they like. Some people will tell you that since she is a womon to go with a smaller gun. That doesn't work in my house, my little bitty wife would ask me "What the hell am I supost to do with that little thing?" She has a full size Beretta 96 and CZ Tactical Sport. The general rule is don't buy your wife either handguns or clothes without some level of input from her.
+1 look into the sar b6 about 300 nib great compact gun pretty accurate as well and fun to shoot.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Your fiance and my daughter are similar in size. With that in mind I can only say one thing. Good luck, buddy. If their wardrobe is anywhere near similar you won't find a revolver or pistol that she can carry concealed on her person without printing. The Sig P 938 is about the best you will do for a quality firearm but if she likes tank tops it will still print.

Regarding the thin holster, the only really thin holsters out there are crap. I'm talking Uncle Mikes. With the flare of the female hips and the flexibility of the Uncle Mikes IWB holster she will be constantly making sure the pistol hasn't ended up on the floor somewhere.

We searched through a lot of handgun / holster combinations over a period of about 3 years. The best solution ended up being a carry purse, and that is not an ideal solution. Plan B is to tell your fiance she will have to change her wardrobe.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
Plan B is to tell your fiance she will have to change her wardrobe.
Hahaha yeah that'll go over like a fart in church!

I'm gonna try and find this YouTube video of this girl I saw a while back who looked to be a similar build to her and she went through all the different guns and ways she carries them and she did quite well without printing. I think she had a lot of small .380 pocket guns that are easily concealable anyways, but she had a lot of interesting methods of carry based on what she was wearing.

All I can say is, I'm glad I'm a guy and all I gotta have is one gun and one holster that works in virtually every situation!

Old 07-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
Hahaha yeah that'll go over like a fart in church!

I'm gonna try and find this YouTube video of this girl I saw a while back who looked to be a similar build to her and she went through all the different guns and ways she carries them and she did quite well without printing. I think she had a lot of small .380 pocket guns that are easily concealable anyways, but she had a lot of interesting methods of carry based on what she was wearing.

All I can say is, I'm glad I'm a guy and all I gotta have is one gun and one holster that works in virtually every situation!
Yeah, I figured it would go over well. One note about the girl in the video. Every time she changes clothes she changes the location of the firearm. When seconds count you don't want your fiance trying to remember where she wears her gun in that Little Black Dress. Ideally she should carry the same gun in the same location all the time. Remember, I went through three years of this crap with my daughter. You have a better chance of Bill Clinton keeping his zipper up.

EDIT: When a man tells you he likes this gun and this holster combination don't think for a minute it will work for a woman. Jeans are tighter, pockets are smaller, hips are more flared. Take your fiance to a gun shop that has at least one female employee and ask her.

Last edited by Doc3402; 07-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #49

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

If you want a great thin IWB holster try the Remora tuckable with no reinforcement. I have one for my Bersa Thunder and it is an excellent holster, thin and easy to conceal.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
Take your fiance to a gun shop that has at least one female employee and ask her.
I'll be driving for a while lol. As I posted in another thread earlier, all our local gun shops either hate young people, or they will only help you if you look rich enough to buy the store. A YOUNG FEMALE and YOUNG MALE, we may as well be a mixed race couple in the 1960s in Birmingham, AL.