Good pistol games

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Good pistol games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Good pistol games

I've got a buddy who owns 80 acres of land that we hunt and shoot on. Sometimes when we are down there, we like to have shooting competitions.

We've got several rifle and shotgun games we play, but haven't found any real good pistol games.

What are some good pistol games we can play that will bring out the competitive fire?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #2

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Most of our "pistol games" involve solid targets,

at 10, 25, and 50 yards.

Sometimes it's all one pistol,

sometimes it's your pistol VS theirs,

sometimes it's shooting somebody else's

pistol only. Different size cans at different

distances is always fun.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Duel trees are fun

Old 06-26-2014, 01:05 AM   #4

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

When hunting/camping we play the pop/beer cans from limbs with a be gun game. Same could be applied with handguns from varying distances as long as you've got a back stop.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:06 AM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

We have different targets we like. Both 2 & 3 D. The "Do it all" box, triangle, and ball we enjoy because you can use any caliber to shoot them. Spinners are also enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 275 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Great Thread Topic. We have to set up our own target stands. I started w std man tgts but those get expensive. I use a std paper plate - get hundreds for a few bucks. Then 3X5 index cards or 4X6 if your just starting.

Place paper tgt on bottom and the 3X5 index card about 12-18" above it. Then another set up right next to it. I can only get two set ups on 1 stand. Then set up another stand the same way. Then run Mozambique drills - 2 shots in the paper plate followed by one in the index card. Then proceed to next tgt and if using revolver, reload, move to shoot next set of target. 4 tgts at 2 different distances. Cheap to set up and clean up. Easy to see hits on white paper. A shot timer is ideal but you can run some kind of timer of watch or smart phone app.

I used to set-up old cast iron pan on strings to duplicate those high end steel tgts but my club has outlawed them. (Chance of round escaping berm.)

Frozen Fruit does explode rather well but it makes a mess at the range.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 06-26-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 192 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 104

One of my local ranges sells "battleship" game style targets, and that is definitely one of my favorite games. Before it was just "call your shot" while shooting the extra little coverup tabs for shoot n see targets that they come with. Good times.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:20 AM   #8
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7686 Times on 4175 Posts
Likes Given: 16107

I advise against Russian roulette.

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 06-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

They have "Battleship" and "spongebob" and "Barney" targets at mine also. I was going to add that in the 8-9 months out of the year when you can shoot outside, a few of us are currently building outdoor upper half body targets with their own stands and bases made of PVC pipe. Together as a group, the 10 of us collectively own: all of the Orange "Do it all outdoor" 3 D targets, a few of the single Green and orange spinners, a few triple spinners, one small Gong, and a few plates,..we also have about 3 bags of Water balloons, and about 9 or 10 bottles filled with food colored water...
We retired my old four footed cane on account of two many 9MM& 40Cal holes......

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...