Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Good holster for mountain biking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Good holster for mountain biking?

Hey guys, my name's Jon. New to the forums, found it thanks to a banner on the Jeep forums. Anyway, I've got a Beretta model 96D .40. What would be a good holster to wear while mountain biking? Last summer my cousins neighbor was attacked by a rabid bobcat while on a rails-to-trails path that is pretty heavily trafficed. However, I ride more out of the way on single tracks where human contact is sparse. Something that's easy to get to, maybe something that'll sit in the small of my back, but have a good grip for when I take a spill. It'll hurt like hell, I know but I refuse to put in in the camelbak. Alright, enough rambling. Thanks guys.
Jon

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I use a fanny pack made for taking pistols. Yes, not ideal, but it works. If you need faster access than that I have to guess that you would need some sort of pack that carry the pistol high between your shoulder blades.

-Bidah

-Bidah

Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll give the fanny pack a shot. I don't think it would interfere with the camelbak much, if at all. Plus it's always good to have extra pockets that easier to get to for food and whatnot.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Military shoulder rig.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Military shoulder rig.
Matt, I had thought about doing this, but it is too floppy for Mtn. bike use. I don't even think it would work with my road bike.

-Bidah

-Bidah

Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidah View Post
Matt, I had thought about doing this, but it is too floppy for Mtn. bike use. I don't even think it would work with my road bike.

-Bidah
I have an old style 1911 army shoulder holster that is pretty secure. I've never worn it while riding a bike, but it says put for everything else.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidah View Post

-Bidah
I think a good, snug fitting one that didn't flop around would work well for a road bike, I might try that out next summer. I know I don't want it sitting on my ribs for a mountain bike ride though...there's already a good enough chance for broken ribs...

You know, it's funny. You bring this up in the bike forums and people think you're crazy. Which is exactly why I came straight to you guys. Thanks.
Jon

Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #8

Likes Given: 2

I do not know if this is what you are looking for but it might do

http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=_NEW&number=40021

AussieRogue

John W J
Heart in Australia
Body In New Mexico
http://opencarry.com/

Old 10-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #9

Hey, thanks Aussie! That might work really well! Yeah, definately going to try that.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Here is one of the type I was talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/MILITARY-ISSUE-M-7-SHOULDER-HOLSTER_W0QQitemZ140171819332QQcmdZViewItem