Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Going to the Range, show me what's in your bag!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustkill676 View Post
-you carry a microtech otf knife in your range bag?! or did you mistakenly open up your weekend superhero bag instead?
Holy crap I just looked those up...wow that's one expensive knife...that goes on the Fantasy List!

Springfield Armory XDm .40 S&W
Davis Industries P-380

Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #22

yeah... seriously, those things are no joke. a halo model if i am not mistaken.

-not that the pistols within the superhero bag are any joke either.... i do believe dillinger is my hero. or at least dillinger's wallet

Old 01-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Nice knives are a basic human right! I'm more into traditional slipjoints with natural handle materials, but I guess Microtechs are all right.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustkill676 View Post
yeah... seriously, those things are no joke. a halo model if i am not mistaken.

-not that the pistols within the superhero bag are any joke either.... i do believe dillinger is my hero. or at least dillinger's wallet
LOL - You would be correct on both accounts, I do carry a Microtech Halo III in my range bag and it's a somewhat pricey knife.

It's also one hell of a great knife that is almost balanced well enough to throw, has a very thick spine and is sharp like you wouldn't believe. It will easily sever flesh and tendons, which is why I like to keep it in my range bag, just in case.

It's not entirely 100% legal in these parts, which is why I don't "carry" it - but on the range, or occassionally when we go to the outdoor shooting range, it's nice to have "just in case".....

Better to have a good knife and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

You know?

As for my collection - sell your soul to the professional contracting world, be willing to travel all over the country/world for extended periods of time, away from friends and family, living life in hotels and restaurants and you too can amass a small collection of impressive toys. It's not for everyone, I can assure you of that....

JD

Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #25

hmm... how about i just sell a little bit of my soul to you and you can give me... saaaaaay... enough money for one of them fancy nighthawk T3 pistols?

-and on that note the hijack of this thread is done!

-in my range bag, i keep a set of ear plugs (the range i go to has muffs but sometimes i wear the plugs under them depending on how many people are there), a few boxes of ammo and that is basically it. i just switch in and out which ever pistol boxes i am taking with me that day.