Glocks should be banned in the U.S.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glocks should be banned in the U.S.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glocks should be banned in the U.S.

Thats the header of this letter to the editor in the local paper in Sioux Falls S.D population 150,000. I have a few issues with it as well all of you I imagine!

Letter: Glocks should be banned in U.S. | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

Here are some facts:

•90 guns for every 100 people.

•10,000 gun murders per year.

•20,000 gun deaths from suicide and accidents per year.

And yet no action in Congress! The fact that Loughner had access to a gun (A Glock 19 with a magazine loaded with killer shells) that led him to kill six people and wound 14 should lead us to wonder -- why is such a weapon allowed on the market? This is the same model gun that Seung-Hue Chu used to kill 32 people at Virginia Tech. A gun that can shoot 33 bullets without reloading is a weapon of mass destruction and should be banned.

On a visit to my granddaughter in Tempe, Ariz., I was uneasy and felt unwelcome at a roadside restaurant because customers were sporting guns on their hips (Arizona allows anyone to carry a gun in public). I wondered if one of them might see me as "the enemy." After all, one never knows who might be "over the edge"!

Glocks, reportedly, have increased in sales since the shooting. Boys (and girls), this is the real world. Six people are dead, including a child and another 14 wounded. It is time to ban the Glock 19 altogether.

You can do something. There is a bill, proposed by Carolyn Maloney, which would ban the sale of large ammunition clips like the one used by Loughner. Ask your congressman to support banning these killer weapons. Don't wait for another shooting

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wow that's an amazing Glock. It went all by itself and injured all those people. I agree, it should be banned and destroyed. Oh wait, I forgot. There was someone at the end of that piistol shooting. What if the parents had locked up the gun so the kid could not get it. What if the parents paid a little more attentiomn to their kid and might of picked up that something was wrong with him. Maybe even the parents lock the bullets up seperately from their guns as I do. A gun cannot kill anyone I promise. You can sit it down and it will never shoot anyone. BUT, if you put it in the hands of someone who is wlling to kill then there is no stopping them. If he stabbed them with steak knife are we going to ban those as well. Sometimes there is just crazy people out there, that is why I am glad the 2nd aendment allows me to protect myself from the crazies. The government can't control everything. At some point in time we have to hold people accountable and stop relying on the government to raise their kids or protect them from everyday situations. I will make you a bet. Put a loaded pistol locked up in a safe you only have acces to and see how many people it kills in a year, 5 years, 10 years. I will put my money on zero. Let's say $100 on the bet.......as you can see I share your issues. Sorry, I had to vent. That article flew all over me.

Last edited by eborden1122; 02-11-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

That person needs neutered...Then slapped around a while. Then as a final act kick them in their now useless junk

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The level of stupidity dripping from that letter is astounding. Here are few of my favorites.

loaded with killer shells

What the heck are they?

led him to kill six people and wound 14

He must have used the "wounder shells" on the 14.

I was uneasy and felt unwelcome at a roadside restaurant because customers were sporting guns on their hips (Arizona allows anyone to carry a gun in public).

And yet you returned safely because those people were responsible gun owners and you didn't attack them.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
The level of stupidity dripping from that letter is astounding. Here are few of my favorites.

loaded with killer shells

What the heck are they?

led him to kill six people and wound 14

He must have used the "wounder shells" on the 14.

I was uneasy and felt unwelcome at a roadside restaurant because customers were sporting guns on their hips (Arizona allows anyone to carry a gun in public).

And yet you returned safely because those people were responsible gun owners and you didn't attack them.
Well you know Spitty they have those heat seeking explosive rounds now. But you have to have a mad scientist union card or an active script for Prozac and a Hinkely fan club card.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8963 Times on 3880 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

The letter is in itself proof that intelligence is not required to use a computer.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Thats completely well thought out and logical .

The only logic I could see is saving all the Glock owners from getting hurt .

glock6.jpg   glock5.jpg   glock4.jpg   glock3.jpg   glock17.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The level of stupidity in that letter in amazing...that's all I'll say to keep form going on a 4 page rant here.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Thats completely well thought out and logical .

The only logic I could see is saving all the Glock owners from getting hurt .
Gaston calls it perfection.

They should outlaw the open carry of Glocks. I wouldn't want to be seen in public with such an ugly gun.

What if the guy had two Glocks with 15 round mags would that make a difference?

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt SD View Post

Here are some facts:

•90 guns for every 100 people.

•10,000 gun murders per year.

•20,000 gun deaths from suicide and accidents per year.
Thirty thousand deaths a year(!!??) and not one of them could have been the author of this non-sense? I guess this is how the world looks to someone who has their head buried up their arse!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread