Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Glocks should be banned in the U.S. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/glocks-should-banned-u-s-38302/)

Hunt SD 02-11-2011 05:08 AM

Glocks should be banned in the U.S.

Thats the header of this letter to the editor in the local paper in Sioux Falls S.D population 150,000. I have a few issues with it as well all of you I imagine!

Letter: Glocks should be banned in U.S. | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

Here are some facts:

90 guns for every 100 people.

10,000 gun murders per year.

20,000 gun deaths from suicide and accidents per year.

And yet no action in Congress! The fact that Loughner had access to a gun (A Glock 19 with a magazine loaded with killer shells) that led him to kill six people and wound 14 should lead us to wonder -- why is such a weapon allowed on the market? This is the same model gun that Seung-Hue Chu used to kill 32 people at Virginia Tech. A gun that can shoot 33 bullets without reloading is a weapon of mass destruction and should be banned.

On a visit to my granddaughter in Tempe, Ariz., I was uneasy and felt unwelcome at a roadside restaurant because customers were sporting guns on their hips (Arizona allows anyone to carry a gun in public). I wondered if one of them might see me as "the enemy." After all, one never knows who might be "over the edge"!

Glocks, reportedly, have increased in sales since the shooting. Boys (and girls), this is the real world. Six people are dead, including a child and another 14 wounded. It is time to ban the Glock 19 altogether.

You can do something. There is a bill, proposed by Carolyn Maloney, which would ban the sale of large ammunition clips like the one used by Loughner. Ask your congressman to support banning these killer weapons. Don't wait for another shooting

eborden1122 02-11-2011 11:44 AM

Wow that's an amazing Glock. It went all by itself and injured all those people. I agree, it should be banned and destroyed. Oh wait, I forgot. There was someone at the end of that piistol shooting. What if the parents had locked up the gun so the kid could not get it. What if the parents paid a little more attentiomn to their kid and might of picked up that something was wrong with him. Maybe even the parents lock the bullets up seperately from their guns as I do. A gun cannot kill anyone I promise. You can sit it down and it will never shoot anyone. BUT, if you put it in the hands of someone who is wlling to kill then there is no stopping them. If he stabbed them with steak knife are we going to ban those as well. Sometimes there is just crazy people out there, that is why I am glad the 2nd aendment allows me to protect myself from the crazies. The government can't control everything. At some point in time we have to hold people accountable and stop relying on the government to raise their kids or protect them from everyday situations. I will make you a bet. Put a loaded pistol locked up in a safe you only have acces to and see how many people it kills in a year, 5 years, 10 years. I will put my money on zero. Let's say $100 on the bet.......as you can see I share your issues. Sorry, I had to vent. That article flew all over me.

DrumJunkie 02-11-2011 11:48 AM

That person needs neutered...Then slapped around a while. Then as a final act kick them in their now useless junk :eek:

spittinfire 02-11-2011 11:54 AM

The level of stupidity dripping from that letter is astounding. Here are few of my favorites.

loaded with killer shells

What the heck are they?

led him to kill six people and wound 14

He must have used the "wounder shells" on the 14.

I was uneasy and felt unwelcome at a roadside restaurant because customers were sporting guns on their hips (Arizona allows anyone to carry a gun in public).

And yet you returned safely because those people were responsible gun owners and you didn't attack them.

DrumJunkie 02-11-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 442663)
The level of stupidity dripping from that letter is astounding. Here are few of my favorites.

loaded with killer shells

What the heck are they?

led him to kill six people and wound 14

He must have used the "wounder shells" on the 14.

I was uneasy and felt unwelcome at a roadside restaurant because customers were sporting guns on their hips (Arizona allows anyone to carry a gun in public).

And yet you returned safely because those people were responsible gun owners and you didn't attack them.

Well you know Spitty they have those heat seeking explosive rounds now. But you have to have a mad scientist union card or an active script for Prozac and a Hinkely fan club card.:rolleyes:

c3shooter 02-11-2011 12:14 PM

The letter is in itself proof that intelligence is not required to use a computer.

dnthmn2004 02-11-2011 12:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thats completely well thought out and logical http://camelsnose.files.wordpress.co...ound-do7ok.gif.

The only logic I could see is saving all the Glock owners from getting hurt :rolleyes:.

USMC-03 02-11-2011 12:52 PM

The level of stupidity in that letter in amazing...that's all I'll say to keep form going on a 4 page rant here.

007BondJamesBond007 02-11-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 (Post 442683)
Thats completely well thought out and logical http://camelsnose.files.wordpress.co...ound-do7ok.gif.

The only logic I could see is saving all the Glock owners from getting hurt :rolleyes:.

Gaston calls it perfection.

They should outlaw the open carry of Glocks. I wouldn't want to be seen in public with such an ugly gun.

What if the guy had two Glocks with 15 round mags would that make a difference?

pandamonium 02-11-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunt SD (Post 442623)

Here are some facts:

90 guns for every 100 people.

10,000 gun murders per year.

20,000 gun deaths from suicide and accidents per year.

Thirty thousand deaths a year(!!??) and not one of them could have been the author of this non-sense? I guess this is how the world looks to someone who has their head buried up their arse!