glock vs. springfield vs. sig - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > glock vs. springfield vs. sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnak32 View Post
Im looking to buy a. 40 pistol. But im torn between the glock 22 and springfield xd. I was also considering sig sauers. 40. Any advice??
I would go with the Glock. My Springfield tended to bite my trigger finger, and the Sig trigger pull is a little long and a little heavy for me. If you can find a range that rents them, see what works best for you.

One note. The grip safety on the Springfield is just about worthless during reholstering. Holding the gun in a normal manner depresses the grip safety. This makes the Springfield equal to the Glock during this maneuver. The presence of the grip safety is not a valid reason to go with one over the other in my opinion.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #12

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It really depends on you. I have the XD40, the G22 and I am looking for my next gun. Thought I was going to get a 9, but since then I have gone back to a 40. My choices now are a HK USP, a Sig 226 or another after reading Robo's post on the G20 maybe even another Glock.

If I were you, I would go to a range and shoot each one. IMO the XD is more ergonomically friendly to a large handed person like me. But if you are looking at the Sig is it the alloy 200 series or the poly 2022? I've held the 2022 and did not like it at all, but the 226 feels great.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #13

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

With what little experience I have with them, I really like the Smith and Wesson M&P40. I have a Glock and love it, but the M&P might take its spoy one day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #14

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts

For me the XDm wins in this category. I had a Sig p220 and it was an awesome gun. I carried it on duty and admire the fit and finish and durability. However, everyone else shot it better than i did. The first time i shot an XDm i shot better than i ever had with my Sig. That made me switch.
I simply cannot stand 2 things about Glock. 1-plastic magazines!? They swell over time and do not drop free without a tug= unacceptable. 2-the trigger blows imho also unacceptable. Reliable as hell though and that is the only reason i wouldn't hesitate to pick one up in a battlefield situation.
Remember the size of your hand is going to dictate A LOT about the gun you are comfortable with. If you have smaller hands you might also want to check out the Ruger SR line as well as the Walther ppq in 40(sweet trigger).

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #15

I like my FNS40 made by FNH. want out yesterday and put 200 rounds thru it and what a smooth shooting pistol it is.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #16

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnak32 View Post
Im looking to buy a. 40 pistol. But im torn between the glock 22 and springfield xd. I was also considering sig sauers. 40. Any advice??
Go to a rental range and try all three see which one you like best and take it home.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #17

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

All quality manufacturers, so I suggest picking the one that best fits your wallet and eyes. If you're going to use it for SD I don't suggest anything without a manual safety so that rules out Glock for me. I hate Springfield designs so that would rule them out aesthetically. I love Sig, great triggers, classic style and quality products. Truly no contest here for me, but your taste may differ. If you want a quality used Sig or Glock check out Summit Gun Broker. Pretty sure he does Springfield as well, may just be the 1911 though. Know there's new and used Sigs. His name is Mark, class act and police trade ins available.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/?noredirect

I'm in no way affiliated with them, have simply used for purchases and love to sing praises about a good company.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I would agree with many of the comments that say to go and rent the guns at a gun range. That's how I determined that I wanted the Springfield!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #19

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I've had both the Glock and Springfield, reason I don't buy sig is I know two guys who swore by them until they had to seek warranty repairs and it was a nightmare, that scared me off from Sig completely. Personally I prefer the Springfield, it's just as durable and dependable as the glock but looks better and feels better, I also really like that safety on the backstrap, it works very well. I also have a habit of when I'm talking or doing something other than shooting with a hand gun, I twist it slightly with my index finger way up reaching over the side/top of the slid with my thumb holding the back sights so the backstrap safety is engaged, helps protect against a negligent discharge, whereas the glock...well you know how they work.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.